“Basic food, good location”
Review of Captain Ratty's

Captain Ratty's
Ranked #8 of 174 Restaurants in New Bern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our family went for lunch on a weekend. Location is great, right in downtown New Bern, near the river. Food was basic and while good, nothing that absolutely blow you away. Good atmosphere for families with children because it is a little loud anyway. We did not have wine but notice their wine selection looked extensive.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have eaten at Captain Ratty's Restaurant many times. I have found that if you have a few minutes to wait at the bar, you can get a roof top table that will knock your socks off. It has an amazing view of Downtown New Bern, NC across from the beautiful Trent River. The food is always wonderful and I highly recommend the blackend salmon and seared scallop salad! Always ask for the sauteed green beans too. The crab cakes are stupendous! It's a lively, friendly place with great atmosphere!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A few co-workers and I happened to be downtown and tripped upon this restaurant just in time for the wine tasting event. It was a fun event for $10 per person. We stayed for the food which was plentiful and very tasty. Two of us had the Low Country Boil which was delicious with several clams and shrimp. Service was great. The wine selection exceeded must upscale restaurants. Definitely will return here. It's worth the travel just to experience the wine tasting and dinner.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went for lunch on a Saturday late afternoon 2:30pm - it s average. Had the spicy shrimp wrap and a few sweet potato fries. We waited for a table when there were open ones available. Some servers seemed really busy others just standing around. Hubby had the fried fish sandwich and it was better than the wrap. Very busy lots of kids and families, not very relaxing. Waited for refills waited for the check. alittle frustrating. Seemed like no one was in charge. Seemed silly to have 2 hostesses when one would have been enough and they could have used an other bus boy. I was disappointed.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I ordered the seafood combo(colossal my but) and boy did I screw up.I received maybe 3 medium shrimp,2 large scallops and 3 tiny oysters,what a joke at 20 bucks.I guess the recessions hitting rattys.Never again what a joke!We also were told to wait for our table when there were a bunch open,felt like a twilight zone moment.