“yummy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Ratty's

Captain Ratty's
Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
blue point, n.y.
“yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

The early dinner was tasty Reccommend Carolina boil. Ther clam chowder very good. The waitress was the friendliest and chatty.She was by far the one and only charmer from New Bern.

Visited November 2011

Greenville, North Carolina
“Cornbread muffins are wonderful!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was our first time to Captain Ratty's. We enjoyed the food, which was very good and the service was great as well. The only complaint I had was $20 for a seafood 'platter' which only had 3 large shrimp, 2 1/2 oysters, and 2 scallops. I would definitely go back though and would recommend it for a nice place to go.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chesterton Indiana
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was in North Carolina recently for a festival on Duke University campus. I had one free day to myself and decided to take a venture to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I had picked places out previously on where I wanted to eat, what I wanted to see. When I got to the small town of New Bern, NC, i was delighted to see such a quaint town.

I picked Captain Ratty's seafood restaurant for lunch. I was quickly seated, there was no waiting, but the restaurant was packed with people. The atmosphere is just what you would imagine it to be. Just like a fisherman's dream! Once seated, I was greeted by my server and she was very prompt with the service and made sure I always had something to drink.

I ordered the Chips and Queso starter .. the cheese dip was very delicious. I decided to try their Crab cakes, since they are known for them. Two huge crab cakes were brought to me, with a side salad.. They were to die for! I would certainly get them again if i were to visit New Bern. I do plan on going back, there is just so much more to see and do in this gorgeous cute little town. So adorable. VISIT!! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2011
New Bern
“Definitely had better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Well..to begin I had seen mixed review and well decided to give it a try. Well I can day I am on the opposite side of the fence. Food was small portions Nd well quality was substandard. Salmon aS dry and had a very punguent smell. They replaced my meal with what looked like a nice riveted steak.but ...to my dismay..it too was to put it bluntly...old. I will not be returning..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Captain Ratty’s is always a reliable place to go for a good meal and good service.

Regardless of what you order, you can be assured that the food will be good. That has been my experience since I started coming here (on business) many years ago. I usually visit several times a year and have never had a bad experience.

My most recent trip was no exception. I had the clam chowder (always good) and tried the fried green tomato BLT and it was great too.

If you visit in the warmer weather, be sure to request seating in the rooftop dining area!

• Visited September 2011