“Wedding Shower”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Restaurant at the Tryon Palace Historic Center in New Bern, NC
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I were given the task of planning a Bridal Shower on short notice within walking distance of the Doubletree Hotel for 50 people and discovered Lawson's Landing. Jeanette put together a great menu of desserts and snacks within a day of our contacting her. All details were confirmed quickly, efficiently and all done long distance. We had lunch in the restaurant the day before the shower to finalize the plans. Everything worked out great. Food was extremely good. We will be back.

1  Thank Russell F

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when my son wanted to eat lunch at the cafe on the property of the North Carolina History Center. I was expecting a ho humm meal at best. Much to our surprise the food and experience were awesome. Our server William was attentive and gave us some wonderful recommendations for vegetarian options. The pita cheese pizza with fresh mozzarella was fantastic as was the vegetarian quesadilla. Soup of the day was French Onion -- hot and delicious. We also indulged on desserts -- our favorite was the warm pecan pie al a mode. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just when I thought I had been to all the delightful restaurants in New Bern, a dear friend took me to Lawson's Landing. The view is exquisite. We could not stop gushing over it. The restaurant is very clean and uncluttered. Many seats face that incredible view. I ordered the chicken salad plate and loved every bite. My friend ordered a well stuffed wrap. Servings are generous, so sadly, we did not have room for dessert. Oh, gee, we'll have to go back.

1  Thank NCTraveler107
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Love the soft pretzel roll with the chicken sald. The roll makes it. I'm a local and we enjoy going on nice days and sitting outside overlooking the water. Sweet potato casserole is tasty!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This terrific cafe is right on the waterfront part of the history mueum. Food is tasty and very reasonable. Good variety of food and ice cream. We had a very good soup (corn chowder) and grilled cheese sandwich for only $5.25, a real bargain. Great view of the water with seating inside and out.