“Enjoyed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Johnson City, TN
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really liked the value and price of our stay. The room itself was very spacious, everything seemed to clean and worked properly. The location was very impressive, it seemed to be close a lot of places you look for when staying or visiting other places. I would stay here again it served our purpose well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NewBernManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites New Bern, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy their visit to our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope you find a chance to return to our hotel again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When I first arrived to the hotel, there was no one at the front desk. Clue #1, this was going to be a nightmare. #2, when I booked the hotel, there was nothing on the website that said for me to tell them that I had a dog and when I got there, they didn't have a dog room. No where on the website does it say that they don't allow animals in ALL the rooms. I drove from Florida to get there. They made the exception, but then had the nerve to complain because my dog was barking. I heard dog barks, baby cries, children running down the hallways at late hours and music and TV's playing really loud. First of all, my dog was with me that first night and it wasn't crying. In addition, as the lady at the front desk was scolding me out loud to where everyone could hear, I heard the sound of another dog barking! Really???? There is no maid service, but not really any other kind of service either. I'm really irritated with this hotel. Smokers and drunk people occupy this place at night where the grill is. That's classy....not! I just came back from a memorial service for the death of my best friend and I really couldn't take the stupidity of the front desk lady. Will NEVER stay at this dive again. I knew I should have went with the Hilton Doubletree. They have better everything. I'd rather pay the $50 extra to stay in a better hotel. This place is for the birds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NewBernManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites New Bern, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Firstly thank you for your review,Inspite of having NO Petfriendly rooms we have accommodated you and your family on a second floor which we went extra mile to find the room and Hotel was sold out .We had no more pet rooms available, also there was no notification about having a pet during check in.We are pet friendly hotel which is clearly indicates on a web site . Guest was aware of the pet fee, the Hotel got guest to sign the pet agreement was told that the pet must be in a crate at all times, when the guest(s) are not in the room. We only allow pets on the first floor designated rooms only for pets.
Guest left the next day, and left the pet in the room, free without putting the pet in the crate. Dog was barking all day long and was scratching up room door; we had other guest(s) complaining about the barking dog. So we sent Nora the housekeeper to check the room, the dog was loose roaming the room; she had to put him in his crate herself.
We had a family reunion and campers complaining about this situation.We had left several messages for them to call us in regards to the barking dog.
We do respect our Guest Privacy as far as Room Service is concerned because our guest wants to feel trusted and free to do what they want in their own space in a room. we do have designated smoking area on a patio near rear entrance.
Please let us know in advance if you are coming with Pet so we can happily accomodate you and your family.
State College
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel partly because it is "pet friendly". It is very clean and quite "new looking". The location, for me was great because it was easy to get to the routes I wanted to travel as well as easy to get "downtown". It is located very close to a host of restaurants and shopping. Just down the street is a great bagel shop--great breakfast sandwiches! For my purposes, this place was ideal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank psufan559
Guernsey
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed four nights. The hotel has no catering facilities, but IHoP is just over the road, and many other dining places. Check-in staff are friendly and efficient, and the fitness room is good. Everything is clean and modern and works properly. There is no maid service, which I quite like because they are not beating on your door to clean the room every day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel is fairly new and kept up well. Full kitchens. Some rooms are true suites and have separate living room and bedroom, but not all. Only drawback is that access is a little tricky due to all the raised concrete medians in the highways surrounding it making u-turns necessary until you learn how to cut the block to get in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Orange_Products
NewBernManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites New Bern, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. Our location is near all the shopping and good restaurants around. We will take this suggestion in our future plans.
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Second time to return to the area for work in Aurora, NC.
This hotel is very clean and in very good repair. The kitchenette is stocked with the tools to cook meals. There are two grocery stores within 1/2 mile from the hotel.
Management and staff are friendly and helpful for your needs.
Will stay again if I return to the area.

• Stayed April 2013
NewBernManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites New Bern, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff and management will always do everything possible to keep the confidence you shown in us and our brand. Hope to see you soon.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been living here for three weeks while working. The place is great. The hotel is clean, in good repair, the staff are awesome, and it's close to everything. Across the road is good eating and a few miles away is awesome seafood at sting ray cafe behind Tryon palace. I'll be using this hotel for all my future travels to this town. Oh the beach is not too far away for an evening trek if you can get an early start.

• Stayed April 2013