“Good fast informal seafood”
Review of Sting Ray Cafe

Sting Ray Cafe
Ranked #14 of 179 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friendly unpretentious restaurant in downtown New Bern. Fresh fish fried, grilled or steamed. To
Yesterday stew and clam chowder were fine. Soft shell crabs tasty but overbreaded. Fried okra fine. Steamed oysters a bit dry. Fries good and crispy. A fine value for the money. No alcohol (a beer would have been nice on this hot summer day. We will be back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We drive about 40 miles away and there are seafood restaurants close by, but nothing beats Sting Ray Cafe! I love their soft shell crabs, those are my favorite! I also love their fish stew( served on Fridays only). If you are looking for great seafood, friendly stuff and great service the Sting Ray Cafe is the place!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here to eat and it's the freshest seafood in town, they catch it the same day and have specials of what they catch! Today it was grouper . Tastiest fish , was really good, with a very nice waitress , named Renee, she took very good care of us and that means a lot ! Would highly recommend this resturant as the BEST in Town! Wish it wasn't so far away. I noticed many locales were there , that says a lot too.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband wanted to try this place due to a sign that said Fresh Spot, something he always ate with his grandfather. He was so excited. This waitress brought us some hush puppies, which I usually never eat but these we great. My husband was extremely pleased with his Spot. We would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice little family restaurant if you want some fried seafood. No alcohol. Their hush puppies only so so but everything else is OK. Quick service.