“Started off good.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

IHOP
Ranked #128 of 167 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Started off good.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Loved the food. Took forever to get it even though it wasn't crowded. Took forever to get the sugar free syrup I asked for. Had to ask for things 3 times to get the service.

Visited June 2013

TX
“Don't send your food back unless you like hair in your food !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Second trip to NC and this Ihop, both trips here results - terrible, slow service, cold food, this last trip, my waffle was ice cold.. I asked to have it warmed up so the butter would melt, Wrong thing to do. My plate came back -waitress said they remade it, she set the plate and there was a black hair on my plate !!!! We are all either gray or blond at our table.. I handed it back to the waitress and asked to remove it from my bill. She apologized and said a manager would be over. He came, leaned onto our table and asked who had the waffle, I said I had ordered one but not the hair, he proceeded to explain ,,, everyone wears a hairnets and did not see how this could have happened. To avoid getting upset, I just said ok and stopped speaking, I do not like the insinuation that I was lying. My mother in law told him, I ad sent the first one back to be reheated and it came back with hair. He still stated, they all have hairnets.. I will Not be back.

• Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bayboro
“If you love Slow service, this is for you!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I don't see how this Ihop stays in business, everytime I go, theres only a handful of customers and it still takes about 45 mins for our food to come out! The waitress ALWAYS use the excuse that they have new cooks!!! New cooks everytime? Something is not right! If you are in a rush, I do not recommend!

Visited December 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“It has got to get better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I remember more than 5 years ago when IHOP started having trouble between staff and services. Usually IHOP has really good food and helpful waitstaff. But in recent times, it seems that the quality of the waitstaff and the cooks has been compromised by selfishness. Hopefully it can get back to the greatness I had known as a youth.

“PITIFUL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I and three children stopped at IHOP after a long journey home. We frequent many IHOPS during our travels. New Bern IHOP is the
epitome of lowest standards. As we observed empty tables we were informed there would be a 10 minute wait. Good thing we did not hold our breath as 10 minutes turned into 20 minutes.
When we were finally seated we waited patiently as the kids were becoming very impatient and hungry. We sipped on ice as we waited for a refill that we were told would be "comming right up" it never came until after food was served and had to send a childs breakfast back because it was not what we ordered. In liue of poor service the food was cold and sausage was shriviled. I have always been very satisified with iHOP in other vicinities. I assure you thisL go to WAFFLE HOUSE across the street. Service is prompt and food is cooked in front of you so you know what you are getting. Also coffee and soda is on par faithfully!

DISCUSTED CUSTOMER NEVER TO RETURN TO NEW BERN LOCATION.

• 2 of 5 bubbles