“Never knew I liked pizza so much”
Review of Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - MOVED

Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Maybe it is the real thin crust, or the wood fired, but this place is addictive. We have been way too many times, and keep going back.

There are newer reviews for Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Brick oven pizza and desperately needed in New Bern but prices are crazy! It cost me $80.00 last Friday for four (4) two topping pizzas? I can feed my family much cheaper and better at other pizza places. Try cheaper prices and all you can eat pizza buffet and things should turn around. Pizza quality is good but who can afford them?

1  Thank NewBernReviewer
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We went on a Friday evening, was just starting to get a bit crowded, but we were seated right away, host who greeted us and server who waited on us both were very friendly and courteous. We each got a salad and split a 12 inch pie. Everything tasted fresh, the server checked on us and made sure we didn't run out of sweet tea. Overall a very pleasant experience and a nice place to eat.

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Lacking in fresh ingrediants. Canned mushrooms for pizza topping. Salad skimpy on ingrediants (but pricey!). Salad was obviously a mix from a plastic container with very thin slices of cheese on top.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I ate at Savage's on a Saturday night and found the place real busy. Even so we were seated, ordered and ate in a reasonable amount of time. The staff was very cordial and attentive. The pizza was excellent and we will most likely go again. I did find almost $24 for a large 3 topping pizza and an ice tea and diet Pepsi somewhat expensive however. Next time I will pay closer attention to the bill as you do not get an itemized receipt, only the credit card slip showing the entire amount.