“The chef "made" the meal”
Review of Ribeye's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ribeye's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Asian, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My friends took me out for a birthday dinner and we chose Ribeyes as none of us had eaten there yet. Our server, Caleb, was efficent, knowledgeable and friendly. Once we received our cocktails we were informed that the Chef would be out to take our order. Chef Bruce came out and took our orders in addition to having a good time joking while taking our orders. Everything came out exactly as ordered and was delicious. The Chef even came out right after we received our meals to make sure that everything was cooked as ordered. We will all return to Ribeyes and share with our friends how good everything was.

1  Thank gizmos64

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Not from the area and while walking around the downtown area needed a place for lunch. Place looked interesting since it is in a historic bank. Ordered the salmon and chicken sandwiches which were ok but nothing great. Service was good. After lunch we walked around some more and found a seafood place next to a wine shop that had crab cake sandwiches for a buck more. Wish we had waited.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Took some of my family out for dinner and happened by the Steakhouse. We had a really good time at the restaurant, good steaks, service and they were very accomidating of the kids.

would go back in a heart beat

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Located in downtown historic New Bern, the restaurant in its restored state was equal to its surroundings. I sat next to the window and absorbed the sun and quaint city street and its passersby...all while enjoying a delightfully fresh salad and the best mushroom-grilled cheese sandwich I've ever eaten. I was also so pleased with the courteous & prompt service...which is so lacking these days. All in all, four stars from me!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went here for my birthday, it was a very nice atmosphere. Salad buffet... and then just rib eye steaks! Menu is very streamlined- not much to chose from besides that... which is good!
They boast that chef comes to table... but then while we were eating they said he was "busy". I wouldn't have cared... but he shouldn't have wasted his time telling us about that feature if it wasn't going to happen!