“Outstanding Experience”

Comfort Suites New Bern
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I could not have been happier with everything at this hotel. The place was super clean and the staff people were all extremely friendly! Our room was clean and fresh smelling. We had a handicap accessible room and the roll-in shower worked very well for my husband. We have been traveling for the past 6 weeks and this was one of the best hotels we stayed at! Great deal for the money, too, as they served a lovely hot breakfast as part of the hotel rate. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband. I am thrilled to hear how pleased you were during your visit. Please don't hesitate to call if we can assist you again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 8, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel isn't on the river but don't let that deter you from booking it. It's about a 3-minute drive to Historic Downtown New Bern and if you can sacrifice a "riverview" you'll find this to be a great find and a great value.

I was impressed with the staff, decor and the breakfast. This was a quick weekend trip and when I booked the hotel for so cheap given the other prices in the area I was a bit skeptical. The hotel is new, well appointed and looks exactly like the photos. I didn't find the location to be as odd as some other reviews.

Thoroughly enjoyed the stay here and will definitely be back anytime I'm in the New Bern area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We strive for excellance in our customer service and are very pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

First of all i saw no bugs at all. Staff was super freindly and helpful. Place looked and smelled brand new. The pool was very nice, indoor, and bfast was better that average for a free buffet style . Coffee ok. Location was good, if you you want to be down town and walk after restaraunts this is too far out to walk, though only a 5 minute easy drive and parking not an issue in new bern. It is sort of a one horse town but worth visiting the palace is nicely restored and it seems like a very freindly town.

There are lots of restaraunts near just on the outskirts, not in the old town section. Would stay again quite nice.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and our wonderful town. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. New Bern has several events over the Sping & Summer and I do hope you have a chance to return. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I drove down to North Carolina for a 4 day weekend to visit my niece and to just relax. I suffer from uncontrolable migranes that are triggered by chemical smells as well as perfumes. Well my stay here, tho short, was the best experience I had! The hotel is clean but does not smell of harsh chemicals or perfumes. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Chrisina at the front desk...Thank you so much for all your help and for getting us a room at 2am when I needed it most! My only suggest is please include more aternative food choices to your menu. Gluten free and lactose free is more and more important to those of us wih food sensitivies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful comments and suggestions. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I will research gluton-free free foods as you suggested, I agree that the variety is needed. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you have a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My sister and I traveled to New Bern and stayed at the Best Western for two nights over the weekend. We got a great deal and upon arrival both thought what a bargain! The hotel lobby is very neat, clean, and modern as was the room we stayed in.

However, the first night my sister came out of the shower and had to kill a cockroach on the bathroom door. It was just one slow-moving, probably dying, roach but it wasn't too pleasant. The next morning we told the young woman at the front desk who apologized, made a notation in her book, and said she would tell someone. The next morning I woke up and saw one crawling up the wall next to my bed. I killed it but it did gross me out a little. Those were the only two little creatures we saw but still it was two too many.

We spoke to the manager who was extremely apologetic (and horrified) by our experience. She explained to us that they are a few spots in the hotel with a small problem. She compensated us for our displeasure.. Two other family members had rooms in the hotel on different floors and they had no issues at all.

I really wanted to like the hotel and I did but for the bug problem, and although only two were spotted, it sort of spoiled the overall good feeling about the place. I know they are working to rid their establishment of these pests and hopefully they will succeed. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

I didn't use the pool, hot tub, or exercise room but they all looked very clean and well kept. And they need to get some better tasting coffee!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for you wonderful comments and suggestions. It was a pleasure meeting you, I am STILL horrified and can assure you that we are taking several actions against these pests. I apologize that this caused a problem during your visit. However, Im pleased that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and do hope you have the chance to return. Thank you again for being so understanding and thank you for staying with us.