Comfort Suites New Bern
Holiday Inn Express New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
$84
Hampton Inn New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
$89
$139
$122
Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina(New Bern)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
Hotels.com
Candlewood Suites New Bern(New Bern)(Great Value!)
$88
$118
Hotels.com
Courtyard New Bern(New Bern)
$130
$107
$85
QualityInn
All reviewsindoor poolstay there againhotel roombusiness centercoffee makerhot breakfastnice propertyin townbeds were very comfortableshort driveexcellent breakfastbreakfast barking bednice stayconvenient locationrubydesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My sister and I traveled to New Bern and stayed at the Best Western for two nights over the weekend. We got a great deal and upon arrival both thought what a bargain! The hotel lobby is very neat, clean, and modern as was the room we stayed in.

However, the first night my sister came out of the shower and had to kill a cockroach on the bathroom door. It was just one slow-moving, probably dying, roach but it wasn't too pleasant. The next morning we told the young woman at the front desk who apologized, made a notation in her book, and said she would tell someone. The next morning I woke up and saw one crawling up the wall next to my bed. I killed it but it did gross me out a little. Those were the only two little creatures we saw but still it was two too many.

We spoke to the manager who was extremely apologetic (and horrified) by our experience. She explained to us that they are a few spots in the hotel with a small problem. She compensated us for our displeasure.. Two other family members had rooms in the hotel on different floors and they had no issues at all.

I really wanted to like the hotel and I did but for the bug problem, and although only two were spotted, it sort of spoiled the overall good feeling about the place. I know they are working to rid their establishment of these pests and hopefully they will succeed. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

I didn't use the pool, hot tub, or exercise room but they all looked very clean and well kept. And they need to get some better tasting coffee!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
celestial s, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for you wonderful comments and suggestions. It was a pleasure meeting you, I am STILL horrified and can assure you that we are taking several actions against these pests. I apologize that this caused a problem during your visit. However, Im pleased that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and do hope you have the chance to return. Thank you again for being so understanding and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the beach and closer to New Bern and we found a great spot. The hotel is new, but just seems out of place it sits between two residential houses which is very unusual. However, the service and staff are very helpful and do a good job. We will stay here again for our yearly visit to see family. Great deal for the buck!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you visit New Bern.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

What a delight for the value. The property is new, beautifully decorated and well appointed. The rooms are comfortable with all the modern conveniences. The rooms (King) are large, with a nice sofa/seating area. Nice bed with tons of pillows. The staff was kind and helpful. The BW breakfast is plenty to satisfy: waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, coffee, etc. It is conveniently located off the highway with standard restaurants nearby.

We often visit New Bern to spend time with family. We used to go to other properties, but will make this our "go to hotel" in the future. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: We always ask for rooms away from the elevator because of noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The room was beautiful and very clean. I would stay there again and it is in a great location. Close to restaurants. The only concern was the one bed had a dip in the middle but not to bad. Also I could hear the people in the next room talking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. We are always thrilled to hear from guests that have enjoyed their stay. I apologize that our bed was not comfortable to you and for the noise that disturbed you. If you ever return, please mention to the front desk that you prefer a quieter secion of the building, so that we may better serve you during your stay. Thank you again for you comments and suggestions.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

On a weekend trip to New Bern, NC we stayed at this lovely hotel. Being long time customers of Best Western we knew we would have good accomodations but this was over the edge great! The staff members were all so sweet and helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The bathroom was very large, great bed, nicely appointed room - absolutely nothing to say in the negative here!!! Super indoor pool and spa - very relaxing after a 5 hour drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple