“Fast-Paced but fun!!”
Review of Moore’s Olde Tyme Barbeque - MOVED

Moore’s Olde Tyme Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I guess with as busy as this place can be, it is no wonder why the staff gets the need to be fast-paced in there work ethics and service. It did make me smile and I love their food! Looking forward to my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Moore’s Olde Tyme Barbeque

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were looking for a local place to eat, and I had seen Moore's online and thought it would be a good place to try. We went on a Saturday evening - arrived at 8:00pm, and they close at 8:30pm. Got in just under the wire, and we were so glad we did! What a great little place!

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming - we ordered fried chicken and barbecue combo plates - which came with potato salad, slaw and hush puppies. Everything was fresh and delicious. The only thing that was really different than what I expected was the potato salad - which is made with chopped dill pickles rather than sweet pickles - a bit of a shock when I first tasted it, but it wasn't too bad.

The restaurant is clean - no frills - and almost makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. Photos on the walls show Moore's from days gone by - fun to look at!

3  Thank StevenVA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tommy is carrying on the family tradition. The place isn't much to brag about, but the food is out of this world. I'm 65 years old and I never make a visit back to New Bern that we don't leave with a cooler full to bring to the kids and grandkids in Florida. Tommy's dad John started the business and it is still run by the family. If you are looking for "chain" food owned by some slick investors who are in it for the profit, this ain't it. But if you are looking for good food, you've come to the right place.

1  Thank kenm422
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Passed Moore's on the road to New Bern and turned right around. We're a couple of BBQ
junkies and never miss an opportunity to try someplace new. This is a typical self service BBQ restaurant. You go for the food! The fried chicken was fabulous - crispy, juicy, and perfect. The pork has the eastern vinegar base - very lean and yummy. We had the sandwiches with slaw and a side of fries. Should have tried the hushpuppies, too. The prices are very reasonable so try everything on the menu! Pies are not home made so use up your calories on other choices. Very good eastern BBQ.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Just ate the ribs which are only available on Saturdays. Great as always. Service is fast and friendly and its always clean inside.. For great food try this place out!! Locals will tell you its one of the best places to eat in the area.