“Simplicity at its FINEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moore’s Olde Tyme Barbeque - MOVED

Moore’s Olde Tyme Barbeque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
Statesville, North Carolina
“Simplicity at its FINEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We decided to eat here after reading the reviews. As expected you order at the counter and paid for your meal then chose a seat. There was ample sitting room the place was dated but very clean and hey what do you expect from a place open since 1945? They don't NEED to make it on appearances the food is most definately what has helped them stand the test of time. Gentleman that took our order was very friendly and talked to us about soccer (which is what we were in town for). The FOOD was marvelous and if I ever visit New Bern again it will be back on my list to visit here again. We fed a family of 4(including 2 teenagers who should count for 4 themselves) for under $40.00 so I have absolutely NOOOOO complaints here!

• Visited September 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Eastern NC BBQ like you'd expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We hit this for supper in August. I read the reviews, scanned the menu online, and put it on my maybe list. It was our last night in New Bern and we wanted BBQ. I couldn't remember all ther reviews so I didn't remember what was in store.

As you've probably read in other reviews you get in line, order at the counter, get your food, and sit down. Yep, ordering is kinda like at a fast food place. I wasn't completely sure what I wanted and neither did the rest of the family. We were about fifth in line when someone asked to take our order. It kinda threw me off guard. We all went for the small BBQ pork plate with cole slaw (we weren't that hungry) except one who had a BBQ sandwich with a side of fries.

I'm glad we got the small plate because even the small plate was a lot of food. The pork was quite tasty. Being eastern NC the sauce was vinegar based. I wished they would have had some tomato based sauce, but I get why they don't; it's eastern NC. It was all very delicious and quite affordable. I wish I would have tried the seafood. Recommended.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Buckmarko
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Best eastern NC style BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a basic, no frills, eastern NC BBQ joint. No atmosphere, just good food. It's more like fast food than a regular restaurant; order at the counter and clean up your own table. The menu is limited to BBQ pork and chicken, fried chicken and seafood. Everything is delicious. We eat there at least once a week.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Toni S
Stafford, Virginia
“Old Time Barbeque Stand”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a very popular and well established (open since 1945), Barbeque stand. If you're looking for a sit down dinner with wait service, this isn't your choice. You wait in line to place your order, pay for it and take it to your table. You can also order carryout, which seemed to be the more popular choice among the customers. The barbeque itself is well above average, even though it seemed to be limited to chicken and pork. The prices, however, are extraordinarily reasonable. For our party of four, the total cost was about $20. If you know what to expect, this place is worth a visit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank daveyy12
Cary, North Carolina
“Some of the best bbq I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I ordered the combo bbq and fried chicken plate because it was my first visit and I wanted to have fried chicken if I didn't like the bbq. The bbq was exceptional and the fried chicken wasn't half bad as well. I had enough food for two or three people possibly. Service was fast and cordial. The plate came with fries, which were actually cooked properly (not greasy) as well as cole slaw. Very casual dining and it seems they do a good bit of takeout.

• Visited July 2012