“Real Carolina Barbeque”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Cove City, North Carolina
“Real Carolina Barbeque”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

If anyone wants the real NC Barbeque experience then Moore's is the place to get it. My parents bought barbeque from Moore's when I was a child, now I have 3 children, and 6 grandchildren. I traveled extensively and I never found any restaurant that lived up to Moore's. My 3 children all live in other states but when they visit the first thing they want to do is go to Moore's for barbeque. It is the best and I don't care what anyone else tells you about any other barbeque. Trust me I've tried it and it isn't Moore's.

Visited February 2012

Morehead City, North Carolina
“Gotta try the Ribs on Saturday! ! !”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a Eastern NC BBQ Shack.. Enough said on that. The BBQ is geniune ENC.. Wood smoked out back and plenty of flavor. The REAL secret here is the ribs on Saturday's. They are a must try, and get there early because when they are out it's game over!! They also have hand breaded shrimp and oysters which are better than most seafood reataurants in the area. As for the service I have never had a problem. You step up tell'em what ya want and they ring it up.. I'm not really looking for alot of conversation. They are trying to get people in and out fast, which they have accomplished every time I have been in.. Usually from the time you walk in to when you sit down with your food is no longer than 5-6 minutes..I've been eating here for over 30 years and I have never had a bad experience...Highly Recommend..

• Visited December 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“REAL eastern Carolina BBQ”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The real deal in eastern North Carolina style bbq. The bbq has a great smoke flavor, and their vinegar based sauce is unbeatable. They also have good chicken and seafood.

• Visited January 2012
Florida
“Great Eastern Carolina BBQ--service could be better”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My husband grew up in Eastern North Carolina and when we visit his family there several times a year, we always stop by to pick up some BBQ. The place is always busy, but the line goes quickly (we always do takeout; never have done the eat-in service). The BBQ is excellent, though I can understand why some reviewers would say it's on the bland side. Add the vinegar sauce--it's to die for--and you can buy a jug of it for $8.00. Coleslaw is great, and so are the hush puppies. To feed 6-7 people, you'll pay about $40.00, which is reasonable, and you can buy family combos. Regarding the service, the cashier is somewhat on the rude side, and has been that way with every visit I've had. She perpetuates the stereotypical gum smacking, snippy Southern woman, and it's somewhat off-putting. She needs to put on some of that Southern charm or something! If you love Eastern Carolina BBQ and the sauce, you should pay a visit to this place. We'll be back every visit. . .let's just hope the counter service improves!

• Visited December 2011
New Bern, North Carolina
“Real NC barbeque”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Great, genuine NC barbeque with the vinegar sauce. We buy bottles of the sauce to take home; it's very flavorful. The hushpuppies are good, too.