“Moooooovin' On up!”

Cow Cafe
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home made ice cream; made in store. Sandwiches and plate lunches. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Moooooovin' On up!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to this cafe quite a few times, and I'm always pleased with the service I receive. Their homemade icre cream is quite tasty, and their foot long hot dogs are filling. There isn't anything incredibly spectacular to boast of about the cafe, other than the cute names for their dishes and the train that continually rides around a track above your head while eating. The kids may enjoy the experience, and if you're looking for a quick eat, try it out. Don't expect an incredibly unusual experience however. I'd just as soon enjoy a latte and a pre-fabbed sandwich from Port City Java next door.

Visited October 2012

New Bern, North Carolina
“Slooow Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my third time going there and the service was especially slow on Sunday. When we got there, there was a family before us getting ice cream. The male cashier was helping them while one girl was putting spoons out as slow as humanly possible. There was a line forming behind us and no one greeted or said they would be with us shortly. We just stood there watching a few employees just walking around back...it took about 10 minutes before we even got to order. We ordered, the guy cashier was friendly. They were out of one of their sides about an hour before closing. Sat down and it took at least 15 minutes to get our food, which was weird because everyone around us was getting ice cream. They brought our food out and one was wrong. You could here them saying stuff about how could you ring this up wrong blah blah blah. It's not that big of a restaurant. Customers can see and hear you act like this. I was not impressed with the service at all. Could not tell who was in charge and they all just stood around not looking like they cared. Foods ok but not worth going with slow and crappy service.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Jenny S
Kinston, North Carolina, United States
“Moo-rific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I shared lunch and ice cream. The food was great and the ice cream was even better. I had a sandwich that was so original I almost forgot I wad in an ice cream shop. The staff was friendly and the food was prepared quickly. I would recommend the Cow Cafe to anyone looking for great food in a unique place.

Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

good service and value, staff was about to close and graciously let us in for cones! lots of choices, good location

Visited October 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Lunch Spot in Charming New Bern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

After spending the morning in Oriental, NC, we lunched at the Cow Cafe in New Bern. A very lively little spot - good sandwiches, great ice cream, and happy staff! It was fun watching the kids and looking at all of the cow-related items. The ice cream was the very best part of the visit....not to be missed when you're in New Bern!

• Visited September 2012