“dessert not lunch”
Review of Cow Cafe

Cow Cafe
Ranked #6 of 179 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Description: Home made super premium ice cream made in store. Sandwiches and plate lunches. Lunch, Dinner. Gourmoo popcorn center--fourteen varieties of popcorn. Bovine Boutique featuring several hundred types of cow gifts. Childrens play area.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thought this would be a good place to pop in for a quick sandwich to tide us over till dinner. The special was grilled cheese with tomato basil soup. Sounded perfect to split so we ordered. While the sandwich was good - 2 cheeses on multigrain - pressed well, there was no soup. Hey - wha about the soup? Oh, we ran out. I'll give you a bowl of chili instead. Sure wished I had known about the soup before ordering. I'm thinking the Labor Day help was not the A Team. Ice cream however was delightful. Generous portion and very tasty

Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a great place for kids and their adults. This place was designed for children on vacation...a place area in the back, GREAT ice-cream and fun staff. Any child not getting a trip to Cow Cafe was either REALLY bad or has REALLY BAD LUCK.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I took the family here in August. It was on my to-do list. We hit the Cow Cafe one Wednesday afternoon. They have savory sandwiches and wraps as well as ice cream. We were screaming for the ice cream. The ice cream is home made and creamy. It's hard ice cream but they serve it at the perfect temperature and consistency. Your plastic spoon moves easily into it (no breakage) but it's not runny either; like I said, perfect. They have many flavors (a couple or more cases full). Many flavors are original and I can't remember any of the original ones. I went basic and got pralines and cream (yum) and southern strawberry (yum, don't know what it made it southern but it was wonderful). Everyone else in our family got a variety of flavors and one was similar to moose tracks. My mom raved that the sundae had chocolate sauce on the bottom as well as the top.

The ambience is great also. No you can't eat ambience but it only adds to the experience.

I would make Cow Cafe a stop off after you've hit the many shops off Middle Street, and Craven Street (don't fill up on Pepsi). Or it's a great destination all by itself as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I on our annual motor home trip are on the search for the best ice cream our country has to offer. The Cow Cafe is very good. The theme is " moosly" cows and such. There is a great back room with a barn theme for the kids. We older kids enjoyed the ice cream and the play on words for the flavors.o
Moo moo good

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nothing better than a bowl, or cone of homemade icecream on a warm summer evening! They had some unique flavors, how about Key Lime pie with pieces of gramham cracker crust!