“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hurricane Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hurricane Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The perfect setting for casual waterfront Dining. Great food, fresh Seafood, and affordable, casual and friendly bar with deck dining makes this a locals favorite. The BEST value in fine food grazing events , from weddings to business receptions, your best choice for an event in the region. Visit our website - BB Hurricane -for menu and schedules. 252-638-8566
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our family stayed in a timeshare during Thanksgiving week. We ate at Dockside (formerly known as The Hurricane) several times during our stay. Each meal was fabulous and well worth the price. The crab cakes and burgers were delicious and cooked to perfection. The Thanksgiving dinner was a real treat! The restaurant was beautifully decorated with colorful leaves on the tables and nice linens. The buffet menu was traditional with all the trimmings. It included roasted turkey, ham, broccoli, sour cream mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberries, and several desserts to die for. One of my favorites was the rum cake also prepared by Chef Bruce. Outstanding job and thanks go to Chef Bruce and all the Dockside staff, bartenders, and servers. We had a FANTASTIC time at Dockside!!!

• Visited November 2012

Occoquan, Virginia
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good reubens for lunch. For dinner my husband loved the bacon wrapped scallops. Service is excellent too!

Visited July 2012
new bern nc
“Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Just returned from eating dinner at the Hurricane Restaurant. Our total bill came to $96.00, which included 4 alcoholic drinks and $14.00 tip (can't plan the wait staff when the cook and owner obviously don't care).

I don't mind paying for the tip or alcohol when the wait staff does their jobs (which they did). But I mind paying for mediocre food and poorly prepared food. For example, we had only eaten two bites from our salads when the waitress brought our main course. Despite telling her that we were not ready, she asked where to sit the entrees.

By the time we got through with our salads, our main course was cold and hard. My husband had to send his back to reheat but I couldn't because I had ordered ribeye, which was cooked medium but hard as a rock. Obviously, my steak had been frozen because it was tasteless and definitely not tender because I actually got a indent in my finger from holding the knife down so hard in order to cut the steak into pieces to chew. I even wonder it if was a ribeye cut.

My husband's seafood fettucini had scallops that obviously had been frozen and old because they were hard and you had to use a knife to cut them to eat them, too. The salads were brought on plates so small that when you tried to eat it, it spilled over onto the table. Of course, this made you lose a lot of salad unless you don't object to picking up pieces of lettuce from a table top and then puttig it in your mouth, which I don't.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give this no more than a 1. Even though I live in the community, I would NEVER go back and waste my hard-earned money on this. My money is tight and, if I am going to pay this amount for food, PLEASE keep the consumer in mind. In this tighteconomic times, WE do want the best value for your money.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank jacky m
New Bern, North Carolina
“Total Waste of Time, Very Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I called in advance to see what time they stopped serving food, 10pm was the answer.
Arrived at the restaurant bar at 8:45pm, Sorry we closed the kitchen because we did not have anyone else ordering food, well after a 3 hr drive from Chesapeake that was not the service or answer I was looking for, they made up a small plate of Nachos "very small plate".
we had 2 of the hurricane drinks and the second one tasted like it was made from drain cleaning fluid. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. this resturant has changed hands so many times, sounds like it is due again.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank edodowd
New Bern, North Carolina
“Avoid it unless you aren't hungry and want bad service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We live locally, dine here occasionally, past service has been slow, but this morning was the last straw. There were only 2 other tables occupied upon arrival, but still we were ignored for 15 minutes. Finally got up and got our own coffee and got some attention from a waitress. The other woman ( hostess?) sat at the bar reading something! We actually thought she was a customer too until she eventually got up and rang up a check for the people lucky enough to get out of there...when our food arrived it was only lukewarm because the one waitress working had several other tables to look after by then. The food is good and the cook is very friendly, but there is a big lack of management and motivation.

• Visited July 2011