“Yum!”

Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 178 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front St
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. The restaurant was beautiful, wait staff proficient, and food delicious. A little pricey for families, but perfect for that special occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lovely view of marina and rivers, casual contemporary room, friendly (and very informal) staff. The panko & fennel breading provided a sweet taste to the cod, nicely done. The crab cakes were too salty to eat, as were the fries. The kitchen has a heavy hand with the salt. While a customer can add salt to a dish, there's no way to remove it. It's about the view, order accordingly.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

New Bern is the birthplace of Pepsi (1898). My pork tenderloin was marinated in Pepsi, served on a bed of unusually seasoned sweet potatoes (N.C. is either #1 or #2 in sweet potatoes in the
US. Persimmons uses local ingredients as much as possible.
Dessert: 2 huge chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in between, a dollop of caramel sauce on top (but sauce had crystallized)
We went for a meal and it turned into a dinner!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was there for St. Patricks day. I don't remember if I consumed any solid food. I did have a great time and thoroughly enjoyed myself as did my wife. I,d go back in a minute. great location and I like New Bern even more.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went with friends and food was great, service perfect, view of inter coastal waterway was great back ground