“So-So”

Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front St
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary and wanted something special. Really didn't get it at Persimmons. Food was about average in taste, preparation and presentation, although a bit costlier than other places in town.
Although the location is superb, there's a "corporate" feel to the place... almost a bit sterile.
The server had to refer to notes for the daily specials, and didn't seem well trained.
We've been in New Bern for a week now, and have had some good/great meals. This was not one of them.
Save your money/time and go elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were walking around New Bern on a nice day and were drawn to this because of the location, hadn't read any reviews. Sat out on the deck which was nice. My husband had a crabcake sandwich which was heavy on filling, light on crab and deep fried. Not good. I had fish tacos which were supposed to be made with wild caught flounder. The fish was in small pieces and I think it was actually escolar. The taste was ok, not great but within an hour of eating I had a serious upset stomach. If you want to sit and have a drink on the river it's a nice place for that but I'd suggest eating somewhere else.

1  Thank mebohio
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Better than the food which is just ok, we were going to go to The Chelsea but this was closer.
My husband had the fish and chips and they were ok and I had the fish tacos which were good.
The wine was the best.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I dined at Persimmons while visiting New Bern, celebrating our first anniversary. We chose Persimmons based on a recommendation. We were quickly seated, although the hostess seemed hesitant to seat us near the water despite more than 5 empty tables. Once seated we were quickly greeted. We requested water, which tasted like it had come out of the river. Terrible! I had the red snapper and my husband chose the spinach lasagna. Our food was fresh, flavorful, well presented and servings were generous. We were disappointed that our server came to the table while we were still eating dinner to ask "You're not going to want dessert, right?" From a former servers standpoint, that's a poor way to ask such a question. She then proceeded to leave the check on our table! While we were still eating! Bad, bad, move. We weren't in a rush, there were plenty of empty tables and it wasn't near closing time. That made us feel rushed and unwelcome. We will certainly try a different place the next time we're in New Bern.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great view, but the Food was not all that great. Again save the money and go to Morgan's or The Chelsea.

1  Thank linagirl_ENC