“Good meal and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant

Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 167 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front St
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good meal and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ate lunch here yesterday with a party of five. Three had the salad. Two with salmon and one with a crab cake. All were very happy with their meals. A fourth had a chicken sandwich. Also very good. I had the fish and chips which I enjoyed. Not the best I have had but still very good and worth the price. Service was excellent. We were greeted warmly on our arrival and departure. Not noisy at all though they were not full by any means.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Maryland
“Great steak, cocktails, view and music!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here twice during our visit to New Bern, once for lunch on the patio and again for dinner with a group of 10. Living in the UK, I find it impossible to get a good cocktail. We really enjoyed the manhattans and old fashions. The burgers and sweet potato fries were great! So flavorful! We called to make a dinner reservation for 10 following a family funeral. We requested outdoor seating and were all looking forward to the nice weather on the deck. When we arrived we were told that outdoor tables could not be reserved due to the band playing. We were all very disappointed and wished that we had been told this up front on the phone. Other than that, we enjoyed good steaks and seafood and drinks. Following dinner my husband and I found a table on the deck and enjoyed the band. Great music and atmosphere!

Visited September 2012
overseas
“Pleasant evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

A lovely location and with live music on Thursday nights overlooking the water. On the two occasions I went I would rate my experience "inconsistent". The service ranged from needing to get up to get their attention to them being at our elbow. Inside is quite noisy and the wait time for drinks is longer than average. As for the food, the first time I had the best fish tacos I've ever eaten. The second, I had the Opah. The fish was scrumptious but the vegies were overly salted and detracted from the overall flavor of the meal. I will say that the presentation of the food was superb. Given the prices, management should work on these issues to bring the overall level from just average up to where they can offer other restaurants in town some real competition.

• Visited September 2012
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stopped in for a quick lunch this past Sunday. I sat at the bar, and Lindsay the bartender was very friendly and accommodating. I ordered the fish tacos which came out very promptly. They were okay, but very bland. One of the managers is a former employer of mine, and she said very rude and untrue things about me to the bartender with the full intention of me hearing them. She even used the F-word. Regardless of what this person feels happened in the past, I found it very unprofessional that a manager in a "fine dining" restaurant would speak towards a paying customer that way. I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“Review based on two visits...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

On our first visit, after hearing much hype from others and local news articles we were definitely "underwhelmed". The waiting area was extremely crowded, as was the bar. The bartender definitely had an attitude and it took forever to get a drink while waiting. After finally getting seated, we started with an appetizer which seemed as though it would never arrive. After waiting for almost 20 minutes, we heard one of the servers on the other side of the room calling "anyone order grilled scallops" which turned out to be ours. Once it was served, it was very good. It turned out to be the only good thing the entire evening. I ordered the "fresh tuna" which I am sure was frozen. It was also cold! Not a pleasant evening at all.

Our second trip was at the invitation of friends who wanted to thank us for a favor we had done for them, so we couldn't suggest going elsewhere. In any event, we decided to give the place another chance. In all fairness, it turned out to be a very average experience and were it not for this evening I would have given the place the lowest rating possible.

In my opinion, you can take a chance on this place or increase your odds of having a good experience and go to Chelsea (my favorite).

• Visited May 2012