“Great experience!”

Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 174 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front St
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Our extended family was in New Bern for a memorial service. We all gathered at Persimmons the evening prior to the service. We had an excellent dinner and great service. The location is beautiful with great views. There is an outside patio for warmer weather, and two levels of inside seating. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner that allowed us to reminisce about our loved one and catch up with each other. The food was varied and delicious- from pork loin to tuna to salmon to chicken. The salads were fresh, and the melting chocolate cake was delish! We will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We love the view and location! The food is very favorful but some of the sauces and dressings can be a bit much at times. The wait staff has always seemed friendly enough until our last visit. The young lady that waited on us kept taking my plates before I was finished with my food but not my husbands. She also constantly asked us if our food was okay which was very annoying. I was just looking to have a pleasant lunch.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Me and my husband wanted a "romantic dinner". When I called to make a reservation I asked the hostess for a table to itself with a view of the river and am told all of our tables are river front. When we arrive we are seated on a bench among 4 other tables which are really close to each other with no privacy among conversations. Next our waiter arrived and we order. An appetizer of calamari was pretty good and 2 rolls, then the anticipated meal mahi mahi. My husband stated wow somebody stubbed their toe on the sauce and I took a bit which honestly tasted like dish soap. It took forever to get refills on our water and did I mention only 2 rolls. The price didn't bother us it was the service, quality of food, and atmosphere. We didn't even attempt desert. The views are beautiful if you can see them from your bench. As we were leavin we made a quick pit stop by the restrooms. As I entered the ladies room stall I had to lay my jacket and purse on the floor due to no hooks being in the stalls.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Had the most wonderful dinner and waiter. Ate out on the deck as the moon was rising.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

3 of of our 5 guests ordered the same steak entree cooked the exact same way. When they arrived each was cut a different size with one lucky to weigh 8 ounces. We requested medium but received 2 rares and a burnt to a crisp well done.Informed the manager who was very ho-hum about the situation and did nothing to appease us.This is our last visit to Persimmons seems the owners here are in this just to make money.After a year in business there's still no consistency.

2  Thank Robert D