Tripadvisor
New Bern
Post
Inbox
Search

“Can't beat this for breakfast!”
Review of Sea Glass Cafe

Sea Glass Cafe
Ranked #22 of 179 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Sea Glass Cafe and Bakery has changed!!! We are now The Sea Glass Cafe! Scratch made at its finest!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sea Glass has an extensive menu with something to please everyone. As an egg lover I order the De Plair Lone Star breakfast with four eggs over medium (runny, no snot), four pieces of bacon, four sausage links and a slab of ham with hash browns and toast. You can't beat this for the price.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (122)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The menu has changed and some of the unique items, like quiche, are no longer offered. What we ordered was very bland and tasteless. The breakfast blend coffee was too strong to drink. We left hungry.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

My husband & I ate at the Sea Glass Cafe the other day for lunch. I ordered The Kali Sandwich combo. As soon as it was brought to me, I bit into the sandwich & it started tasting weird. I didn't know but the tomatoes were bad. They were a dark orange, smelled & tasted horrible. It made the whole sandwich taste like crap. I ended up telling & showing the waitress the sandwich & tomatoes. She said "we haven't had any problems with the tomatoes or complaints all day".
She offered no apology, no discount, no refund, no nothing.
Ok, well, sorry, but those were very bad tomatoes which in turn made me throw up afterwards & made me very sick the remainder of the day. I was unable to eat dinner because I was doubled over, so sick & I normally don't get sick after eating. This is the 3rd time I've been there & will not be returning.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Decided to stop here for lunch based on TA reviews. Glad we did as the food and service were both first class. Lots of bacon on the BLT. Chicken salad was delicious but the bread it was on was too thick! Easy parking right in front of the place in a small strip mall. Note that they close at 2:00 PM.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

I had coffee (yes, they have ceramic cups, so use them!) grits, and a vegetarian Benedict. All were really good, service was excellent, people were friendly.

Date of visit: October 2019