“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Sea Glass Cafe

Sea Glass Cafe
Ranked #35 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Sea Glass Cafe and Bakery has changed!!! We are now The Sea Glass Cafe! Scratch made at its finest!
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I like that you can get freshly baked goods there. Recently had a wonderful nutty cranberry bread. Had a delicious turkey sandwich which was awesome!! Friendly staff.

1  Thank Dianne S
There are newer reviews for Sea Glass Cafe

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Noticed (barely) the new location, on Glenburnie, across from Exxon. Very small sign.

We "did" lunch with wife and daughter. This is the quintessential "lets do lunch place."

Lunch was great. I had pretty good chicken salad on some exceptional cranberry bread. Others had potato soup that was very good. Soup and sandwich were hits.

Pretty good crowd, but service was excellent.

We will certainly go back, soon!

2  Thank JimBob2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was very sad to see Sea Glass close because they always had the best clam chowder. It`s made with lots of clams & so good! The soups always came with a couple different kinds of homemade bread. I am very happy to hear that Sea Glass will be reopened soon! I'll see you for lunch!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is difficult to be in business today. Cost keeps profit ratios low. Changing quality of food can be the action of last resort. In August 2010 the Sea Glass closed.

nbsea, Owner at Sea Glass Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for your acknowledgement that Sea Glass Cafe is closed. Yes, as I read in the newspaper and as I saw on TV and as I just read in your review the cost of running a business is high. So is the cost of maintaining a run-down beat up building with out any assistance from the landlord. I am to let you know that Sea Glass Cafe is now looking at two new locations. The first, and most desirable, will be made public as of Weds. afternoon if all goes well.

I hope to see you in the new location and look forward to your continued support.

Lisa

Reviewed June 18, 2012

They always have a special of the day for soup and sandwich. Creative and lots of good flavors in their sandwiches. The Tomato soup is fantastic. We try to get at least 1 loaf of bread every week! Excellent service too!