“good but lacking a little flavor”
Review of Thai Thai

Thai Thai
Ranked #15 of 180 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The restaurant is very pretty, staff is excellent. I had the special of a seafood platter for $26.00 and although it was a generous helping, it lacked favor. They offer a tray of 4 dipping sauces and that helped. My husband had shrimp pad thai and loved it but was a small helping, Overall we would try it again but would stick with the specialties. It is definitely worth a try. Would make a great date night for anyone looking for quiet and quaint atmosphere.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

After having a great Thai restaurant in Statesville, NC, we were hoping Thai Thai would be similar. It wasn't. We went for the lunch buffet. The setup of the restaurant is a bit odd -- the buffet line is back in the kitchen. The food was okay, not fabulous. Mostly, all the shrine-type things in the restaurant, and all the political stuff hanging around, was a bit off-putting. Not a bad place, but we haven't been back. I didn't find that much in the buffet line that looked great to me.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Thai Thai is a pleasant, quiet, sparkling restaurant that serves very good Thai food at reasonable prices.

2  Thank Peds007
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My friends and I love eating at Thai Thai. We meet there often to enjoy wonderful Thai food in a friendly relaxed atmosphere. The white table cloths and red cloth napkins add a special touch that we enjoy. All the entrees I have had are very good. I especially like the fried shrimp appetizer and occasionally order it as an entrée with steamed vegetables. The owner and the wait staff are always smiling and ready to make your experience a very enjoyable one. This restaurant is one of New Bern's hidden treasures.

Doris Johnson

1  Thank Doris J
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Thai Thai Restaurant has wide variety of excellent food entrees and you will find favorites even if you're new to Thai food. You will also learn what good food service is like where you are treated with the kind of sincere respect you will appreciate. This family owned and operated restaurant is one we go to on a regular basis and have looked forward to our meals there from our first visit there some years back. They also have a great lunch buffet.