“Pretty Tasty”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
“Pretty Tasty”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first Thai food experience. It is true that the decor is very simple. Despite how large it looks from the outside, it is rather small inside. Despite this, it isn't loud like some of the other places in town. I was apprehensive about ordering meat as I have often received skin and fat parts in my meal. I opted for a chicken based soup and the vegetarian Pad Thai. The soup was tasty but the chicken was pretty tough--it had an obvious reheated tasted to it. So I left most of the chicken in my bowl. If this had vegetables in it instead, I would order it every day! The vegetarian Pad Thai was very tasty and colorful. It was heavily sauced, which is not something I'm used to. It tasted fine this way but it definitely hid some of the vegetable flavors. There were many perfectly cooked vegetables in the dish. The noodles were perfectly cooked too. Our service was fine. Not stellar but fine enough.

• Visited September 2012

New Bern, North Carolina
“Well Prepared Thai Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The owner is on premises and being a former (Thai) military officer, he makes sure that all goes well. Nothing fancy (in a converted fast food building) but nicely decorated. The food is excellent and the service matches.

• Visited August 2012
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“best Asian restaurant in New Bern by far.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place compares favorably with Thai restaurants we've been to in LA, NYC, MPLS, and SF. Dinner prices are a bit high for New Bern but worth it. Lunch buffet is quite reasonable and still delicious. We tend to order the curries (Panyang, red, green, etc.) because they are our favorite, but everything we have tried so far has been quite good.

Visited August 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
“Good lunch buffet”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I enjoyed the lunch buffet, with 4 or 5 entree choices and spring rolls. It was quite tasty and very fast.

Visited July 2012
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tiny, quiet little place with decent food.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

They have a modest little buffet with decent food. It's not the BEST Thai food I have ever had but when it's the only Thai food you can get, it's good enough! The owner and his staff are very humble and kind.

Visited February 2012