“A good place to meet friends”

37th Street Pizzaria & Pasta Co
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
New Bern, North Carolina
“A good place to meet friends”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Reasonably good pizza and calzones. A great place to have informal dinners with friends.

New Bern, North Carolina
“ust horrible - huge portions of overcooked pastas”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Pizza was horrific, service is nothing but a bunch of dumb, sarcastic teenagers wanting to text their friends vice work and the pasta sauce comes from a can - the waitress told us this. The only other place with less desirable food is Famous Pizza up the street. Seriously, both eateries pizza is Totino's frozen pizza quality at $15.00 plus, stay away at all costs - can't understand why the locals flock here, they all complain afterwards about the food and service. Health department could use a surprise visit for sure.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank NewBernReviewer
NC
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is a family friendly establishment. Their pasta and salad and pizza are very good. The restaurant is clean and staff are helpful

virginia
“An old favorite”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This place has been around since I was a child - over 25yrs at least! It lost some of it's atmosphere when they relocated years back. The old place was like a warm, cozy den with low lights, booths, and a great little room with games for kids (Ms. Pac Man, Centipede, Space Invaders .... I'm showing my age). Anyway - maybe I'm confusing nostalgia w/good judgement but I still love this place. My husband and I ate there on our 1st date night after our son was born - thanks for babysitting, mom! We enjoyed the pizza and beer tremendously. It took awhile before the waitress greeted us b/c she was the only one working our section, but once we told her we were going to see a movie - she had us served and out of there on time ... and all with a good ole southern smile.

If you're expecting fine Italian dining - look elsewhere. If you're looking for yummy pizza and delicious italian favorites in a layed back setting, this is a great place - and perfect if you're looking for somewhere to bring the kids. The restaurant also offers a closed in bar for adults.

1 Thank RicVA
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Awful - Don't Bother”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This was a cheesy looking, run down pizza and pasta restaurant with terrible service. Unfortunately it was one of the few places that were open in a town where things shut down early apparently unless you want steak and seafood.

I am allergic to cheese and made this known to the waitress when ordering. My dish contained it and when I complained, she got snippy and challenged me. She ignored us pretty much most of the time although the place was virtually empty save for a couple of guys drinking beer.

My kids pasta dishes thankfully were quite good which had been my biggest concern.

I would not recommend this place.