“New Bern Festival From DEBS FUNNEL CAKES”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Bern
The Ziegler Hotel Rooms, Suites, Cottages
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“New Bern Festival From DEBS FUNNEL CAKES”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed in the the cottage, I will tell you it was awsome. It was clean and neat and very equipped with what we need. I will always stay there when comming into town. I also think Ruthie was very helpful and made us feel like family. We love the rooms and the cottages. Very nice place to stay. Highly recommend. Jerry Shoemaker from Debs Funnelcakes

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Funnelcakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed in the Marylin Monroe suite just for one night with my dog. I love that the hotel is in a residential area. As a female, I felt comfortable staying in the room alone and walking my dog in the surronding neighborhoods. The suite was very clean and having a full kitchen was really nice-even for just one night. Downtown New Bern is just a few short miles away. I am really glad I didn't stay in a chain hotel as I had originally planned. There is just so much atmosphere, plus the customer service is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLTNH
Havelock, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I wanted to let you know that we loved our stay at the Zig! Ruthie was so helpful and did everything she could to accomodate us during our move to the area. We were travelling with 2 big dogs and a small child. Ruthie showed us the room ahead of time to make sure we could fit! We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe Suite and just had a blast! The people were so nice and it felt like a little family. The Zig also went out of the way to provide all the initial essentials for our stay. We were in a vacation rental prior to our stay and had to spend a lot of money to get dish soap, etc. I thought it was nice there was enough to get started so you didn't have to run out and buy stuff right away! We got an awesome deal because we had an extended stay- but the quality of the room, with all of the accomodations (washer, dryer, iron, dishwasher, etc.) plus being pet-friendly - we could not have found a better deal!
Thanks again!

The only drawback on the property was the immediate area wasn't the greatest location.

1 Thank hawaii_living11
WV
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I just returned from my first visit to the Ziegler. The staff here is excellent with great attention to detail. For those familiar with the old Ziegler, the property is the same location, but the experience is entirely different than what would have been the case in the 70s and 80s. We stayed in room 6 which has a medieval theme complete with petite suit of armor. I like the blend of a well decorated room with updated features while still displaying the time peiod that the building was originally constructed (real wood paneling, bathroom tile). If there was any downside, it was that during the heat of the mid-90 degree day, the room was comfortable, but in no way cold. That room may not be the most comfortable for a hot natured person.

Also, this hotel is perfect for any who do not want to walk a long way to their rooms. It's a one story place and your car is easily accessible. Do not let having an exterior door to the room scare you off. This is basically in a residential neighborhood. I would stay here even as a female traveling alone without any hesitation...and I do not recall the last time I staying in anything, but interior corridor hotels.

2 Thank Victoria70Wv
Corona, California
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Nice clean place to stay in New Bern..Thank You Ruthie....say hi to Buddy Love for us..Doug and Terri

1 Thank DouginCorona
Sunderland, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Had a great time in New Bern. The Zig is amazing. What a trip down memory lane, with all the modern perks~ And Buddy Luv was the mascot and best doggy greeter ever! WE MISS YOU BUDDY LUV! We'll be back Buddy, with those people doggy biscuits!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank petoth
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Very cute, clean suite and grounds. Ruthie is an excellent host. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business