“Decent Food for a Hotel”

Christoph's on the Water
Ranked #25 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Decent Food for a Hotel”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food is cooked in the adjoining restaraunt that the hotel opporates. I have had most everything on the menu and it is good. The bar has nightly appetizer specials and the beer is always good and cold. Tenders are friendly and knowledgeable about mixed drinks

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mike K

Springfield, Missouri
“Yummy food, nice view.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at Christoph's for lunch. Our waitress was helpful and attentive. The crab cake appetizer was really good, and I don't like crab, though my husband does. The view from our table was of the river and was nice.

Visited March 2013
NY NY
“Excellent Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and had the breakfast buffet one morning as the sun rose over the water. The setting was beautiful with boats docked at the hotel. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly. The bacon in particular was done just right, crispy. The night before, we went to the bar area to listen to the Thursday night jazz combo which played standards and was very enjoyable.

1 Thank PAM_from_LINY
Woodbridge, Virginia
“The service has gone to hell.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the moment we stepped in at lunch (and were the ONLY ones there) we were treated like an annoyance. It was obvious we interrupted the waiter (Bobby) and the hostess in deep conversation. He tried to pour wine in DIRTY wine glasses, I asked for clean and he made an excuse about the dishwasher. I've waitressed AND dined in many restaurants, I would never have brought those glasses from the kitchen. He was completely distracted, very inattentive and only a step above downright rude. I'm very disappointed by this, as the new additions to the menu looked very appealing. Indeed our food was fabulous! However, I will not be returning. I met the manager in August, and I KNOW he would be appalled at this behavior. For the first time EVER, I did not leave a tip. On a $66 lunch (for 2) that is too bad for him. I have also stayed in this hotel on several occasions, this review is STRICTLY for the restauant.

1 Thank Gabrielle71
the great pacific northwest
“Good food, but overpriced”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My niece and I had room service and the food comes from this restaurant at the DoubleTree by Hilton.
We both ordered strip steak, and we both found it very hard the cut, and there was a lot of gristle, which we cut off and that reduced the size of the steak. But it comes with a nice salad and two sides. We both had green beans. She had home fries and I had sweet potato hash, which was really good.
They forgot to give me salad dressing but when I called they brought some to our room in just minutes. And they forgot butter for our rolls, but they were quite tasty without it.
There was no confusion for us - the chocolate confusion cake we shared for desert was really good.
The bill was $71 plus gratuity.