“Best gourmet food in town!”

Harvey Mansion Historic Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Best gourmet food in town!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed December 21, 2008

I was surprised not to find this restaurant listed as it continues to please! We were 'squeezed' in on Saturday night and once again we were very impressed with the chef's genius! I had the most amazing duck I could ever imagine... I'll be thinking of this for months to come. This was our 2nd trip to the Harvey in a few months and we were so pleased that the local 'buzz' did not disappoint. From the amazing seafood bisque, fresh baked bread, to the decadent desserts, we were thrilled from beginning to end. Kudos Harvey Mansion, you truly have lived up to your reputation.

1  Thank Gabrielle71
Reviewed October 31, 2008

I was a bit concerned when I read the reviews but we had a wonderful dinner! The duck was superb as was the crab special. The service was great and you can't beat the price for the food and atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2007

My husband and I were extremely dissapointed with the food while dining at the Harvey Mansion Restaurant. We enjoyed the french onion soup, however the salad was bitter and the lettuce was brown around the edges. The ranch dressing was quite distasteful. We both shared the Rack of Lamb with a Raspberry Plum Sauce. It was awful. The Sauce did not compliment the Lamb whatsoever. Please save your money and look up Morgan's Tavern and Grill just a few blocks down. Despite its name, you notice the atmosphere with esquisite taste. The Harvey Mansion was an unfortunate experience, which spoiled our anniversary dinner.

Reviewed July 5, 2006

Overall, I loved this restaurant and would go back. I did order the "Beef and Brie En Croute" but would not again, as the beef was indeed too done .... almost well-done. The pastry and sauce with it were delicious. My husband had a soft-shell crab/crabcake plate that was out of this world. The salads were fresh and good, and the fresh bread wonderful. We split a fresh berry tart dessert that was very good, as was the coffee. The server was excellent. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank bonniebroad