“Best place to stay in New Bern!”

SpringHill Suites New Bern
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is very clean, the staff are very accommodating and friendly and the room we stayed in was very comfortable. It had a walk-in shower, which was great. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the entire eating area was sparkling clean!

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently stayed here while in New Bern for training. Super impressed as not only did the staff take very good care of myself and coworkers but also of the other trainees who were not even staying at the hotel! In addition I found that the room was clean and spacious, staff were friendly, and they serve an excellent breakfast. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, plus more. Also it's in a great location nearby to shopping and dining. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were in New Bern for business. It was a great place to spend four days. We stayed in the back of the Hotel on the fourth floor, it was very quite. The breakfast was adequate. Eggs, bacon, bread, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, milk, etc., all you need to start the day. The pool and fitness area were nice. This Hotel checked all of the boxes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I still love it. However when I stayed during the Thanksgiving holiday, we had a bit of an issue. My daughter and I were in the room preparing to leave, and we go to turn the handle on the door, and it wouldn't open. We tried for several minutes with no luck. It appeared that the deadbolt was broken and locked into place. We called maintenance and they tried for another 30 minutes before the door was able to be opened (my 8-year old daughter was starting to panic at this point). The maintenance guy then said that they've been having trouble with those locks and were replacing them one by one. I hope they do so sooner than later; in the event of an evacuation, having customers get locked in their room is NOT GOOD!
Now to their defense, they did put us in a new room immediately, and the manager apologized profusely.
Other than that, the stay was nice.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Staff was very helpful. My Car battery died and Jamar from the front desk staff. He helped us get A jump for my car and he found someone with Jumper cables we could borrow. Great Help. The Room was Clean. Breakfast was Delicious.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed @ SH Suites NB multiple times over the past (3) years. I have also utilized their meeting facilities and worked with a number of the staff members at the property. They have always been very helpful and had everything set-up “ready to go” when I arrived at the hotel. I would recommend to anyone that wants to accommodate a small group meeting.

The property itself is a standard Spring Hill Suites. I have always found the rooms to be clean. I have never stayed in one of the whirlpool rooms. The hotel also offers standard SHS breakfast every morning.

The workout room is small but adequate; it has 2 or 3 treadmills and a stationary bike. It also has a small amount of weights.

The pool is an indoor pool (good for year round use), standard of other SHS.

One of the pluses to the property is its close proximity to dining and shopping. There is a Golden Corral right next-door; great for families. There is also a Wal-Mart Shopping Center; Shopping Mall (with restaurants) and many chain restaurants within a mile’s drive. With that being said, the hotel is not in the historical area of New Bern but is only about 5 minute drive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our daughter got married in New Bern and I made arrangements for the guests to stay at this hotel. We had a total of 14 rooms for 2 nights each. I spoke to most of the people that stayed there and they had nothing but good things to say. I wish I had the names of all the employees that I worked with but Chazitee and Raquel were two of the people at the front desk. The customer service they provided was above and beyond anyone's expectations. The rooms were great. The food was wonderful at the breakfast and the amenities was terrific too. Dale was the best to help me arrange the room block. We will be staying at this hotel every time we visit New Bern in the future. Clean and fresh and reasonably priced.