“They treated my family like their own.”

SpringHill Suites New Bern
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
“They treated my family like their own.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

It started from check in. All staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms were very clean and relaxing. The hotel was conveniently located near everything. I would definitely choose to stay with them again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

In general, this is a great choice for your New Bern stay:
- The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room to spread out your papers and computer to work. I am generally a fan of the newer SpringHill Suites for business travel, with solid wi-fi, desk and table in the living area, large glass showers, and modern furnishings....this one matched my previous experiences in Chicago, etc. The rate was awesome at under $130 a night, the locale was decent for business purposes, and you are right down the road from adorable downtown New Bern.

The only poor experience for me was interaction with the staff on duty. Upon arrival, a desk clerk whose name begins with N (I would type out her name, but I hate to put her name out on a public forum...I'm fairly certain management knows to whom I am referring) was working the desk and was seated behind the tall front desk, not really visible. No big deal, until she stood up, didn't offer eye contact and greeted me-- not with a 'hello" or with any other words of welcome for that matter-- but with a flat "checking in"...not even in the form of a question; just "checking in." No acknowledgement of Marriott rewards status, no going over the room rate, no review of room type or reservation details, no registration card to initial with room rate. I was simply given a key, and no other welcome was given. Her tone and general energy of disdain for even having to do her job was shockingly off-putting. Even when leaving for dinner, she was again seated behind the desk, never looked up, and certainly didn't offer any greeting. Not the best representation of hospitality and that IS the business you are in, whether you are at a $130 night business class hotel or a $500/night property. It doesn't matter, at least be friendly.

I even had problems with the TV, but after the unfriendly check-in, there was no way I was about to call for assistance.

I'll give you another try when in town, as I would like to believe the rudeness of one staff member isn't indicative of the staff on the whole.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GirlOnAGlobe
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travel to New Bern every week for business and have been doing so for the past 2 1/2 years. What better review can I give this Marriott other than to say that not once in my over 130 weekly trips have I ever considered staying anywhere else. I have stayed at many different Marriot's over the years and I can honestly say that the staff at this location is one of the most helpful and pleasant groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They could not be any more professional while at the same time accommodating.

I give this Marriott location, it's management and staff my highest recommendation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

East Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We traveled to New Bern ,NC to visit family. We made reservations at one motel...thinking they had morning breakfast and an indoor pool, we have 7 children, so these two things are important to us. They did not. The next morning, I called The Springhill Suites and inquired about rooms there and amenities they had to offer. I talked to the general manager,Cathy Northam,and she said come on over your rooms will be ready when you get here. Sure enough, we checked out of brand X and at 10:00 am we were at Springhill Suites and the rooms were ready and I also had the pleasure of meeting Cathy. What a wonderful time there. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks again to Cathy and her staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hickory
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

upon my arrival to this hotel the first thing I noticed was that Golden Corral was sitting right next door to it. I walked in and I was impressed right away with how nice the place looked. I knew that this was not going to be cheap. I payed the price of $140, but for the breakfast you get and the accommodations I had it was well worth it. I paid and extra 10 bucks to include the hot tub in my room which was really nice. If you have a few dollars exra to sped on a room then this place will not let you down. They have a really nice workout gym and I enjoyed being able to purchase drinks and just add them to the room. I would stay her again if I am in this location.

Room Tip: The best room to hae is the Suite on the first floor if available due to the pool being on first flo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Beaufort, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here for our 15th wedding anniversary. The room was comfortable and clean. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We had a romantic getaway. We loved the rose petals spread throughout. It gave the room a special and charming touch. The breakfast was tasty too. We had a great anniversary.

• Stayed July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was very clean. The staff was cordial, pleasant and very efficient. It was a nice place to rest during our hectic visit to New Bern. We would definitely stay here if we visit New Bern again.

Room Tip: Lower floors are better for us due to health concerns.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends