“Inn & Staff - Great !!”
Review of Courtyard New Bern

Courtyard New Bern
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was our last stop on our way home from a motorcylce trip to the outer banks. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom was immaculate and I was so pleased since I had seen mildew in 2 other bathrooms during this trip. The location is lovely, directly on the river and nice restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff was extremely friendly and kind but Debi Pittman, Asst. Mgr. went above and beyond after s.o. locked his keys in the trunk. Debi phoned locksmiths & bike shops to help us locate someone who could come and unlock the trunk. I know why they have received the hospitality award several years in a row and think it's well deserved. I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn for a stay in New Bern area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2009

Staff very friendly, rooms clean and well appointed, no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Came for a friend's wedding. Had reserved a Fri/Sat night stay weeks in advance. New baby at home that was sick caused me to need to show up on Saturday rather than Friday. Called the hotel directly on Thursday before the deadline and cancelled Friday night, kept Sat night. Showed up Saturday afternoon after a 6 hour drive and staff gave me a hard time about being a "no show" the night before. I explained I had cancelled the room on Thursday, they acted like they didn't believe me and questioned with whom I had spoken.

Then, when they overhead me talking about my wife and child at home, they questioned me on how many people were staying in the room.

Otherwise a nice stay. Wish they'd taken my word for the reservation and number of people staying instead of assuming I was not being upfront with them.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank heel5man
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Cheers:
Frig and microwave.
Nice bed and sofa with flat screen TV.
Nice quite AC unit.
The room was nice and cool when I arrived.
Wireless Internet service.
There is a pool.
There are nearby restaurants as well.
The room darkening shades did a good job on keeping out the light if you need to rest during the day.

Jeers:
Only one phone by the desk. No phone next to the bed.
The work area was small.
No open power outlets by the desk or anywhere in my room.
Parking lot view. No water view on government rate.
Check out time 11:00am.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Wanman_007
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Rooms are spacious and clean. Stayed in a room with balcony overlooking river. What a nice way to unwind! Hotel serves snacks/drinks at night and good breakfast in morning. Basic workout room. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank travelpt10
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed a total of ten days for business and some leisure thrown in. Our suite was spacious, overlooked the pool and the water, included a frig and micro, seperate sitting area and a 2 person balcony. The staff were great. Breakfast offered fresh waffles, fruits, cereals, eggs, sausage biscuits, juices, etc. and newspaper, all included. A managers reception in the evening included box wine, Bud, soft drinks, and snacks, on the house. Both girls that work in the breakfast/lounge area are very nice.
Housekeepers were always busy and thorough. Everyone, even the maintenance guys were super nice and accomodating.
This is a stone's throw from downtown and a great place to just hang around the pool/jacuzzi or watch the water from their small pier/gazebo.

Really a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We were married at the Union Point Park next to the hotel, and we booked a room for the checkin that afternoon, so we could get dressed in the room, and then for us to stay in on our wedding night! We were treated wonderfully, even given an early check-in, so that we would have time to get dressed! The staff was so friendly, and couldn't have been nicer! The room was comfortable, and new flat screen TV in our room was excellent! We were suprised to find a down comforter and pillows on the bed, and we even noticed there seemed to be a down pad under the fitted sheet! We enjoyed our stay there, and the direct view out to the gazebo where we were married! We would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a nice place to stay! Beautiful location, nice staff, and relaxing wedding stay!! Thanks!! :))))

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)