“Best Staff”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
New Jersey
“Best Staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Stayed here for a few days...Planned only to be in town 2 nights during the holiday weekend, but had to extend for 4 nights....The staff, especially Walt , was extremely helpful in arranging a longer stay for me.

I have visited New Bern several times during the last 2 years and always chose to stay here. Rooms are reasonably priced and the lodgings comfortable. Hospitality is A+++ 24 hour coffee was an extra plus.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Stayed January 2007
2 Thank Jerseygal16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York
Reviewed March 8, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel en route north from a visit to South Carolina. The room we were given at this hotel is not the nicest Hampton room I have ever had, but the friendliness of the front desk personnel and the morning breakfast hostess made me feel positive about the decision to stay here... also the price was right.

There wasn't anything wrong with the room or bathroom, it just was smaller than other Hampton rooms in which I have spent the night. It was clean and the free internet is always great. Breakfast was better than average -- in addition to all the usual buffet items, you could ask for a sausage roll and they also provided us with bottled water upon request.

We had trouble finding the hotel because the directions in the AAA book and the website give you the name of a street instead of telling you that the hotel is at the intersection of Routes 70 and 17. If I had that information, I wouldn't have gotten lost trying to find it! On the positive side, a very nice night receptionist gave me directions to the hotel and welcomed us when we arrived.

Stayed February 2007
North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip and I felt spoiled! The bed and pillows were very, very comfortable, the sheets had a nice freshness smell to them, the staff was very pleasant. The TV has many channels to choose from.The breakfast was great and they even had lids for the coffee to go. I have checked on a few hotels in the area and to me, this is the best price and hotel. It's convenient to everything, Craven Regional Hosp (where I am working), shopping, and downtown. Only a 30-40 minute drive to Atlantic beach. There isn't a view like on the water but the rooms, staff and price more than make up for the lack in window views. The hotel grounds are very well kept up though and there is a clean pond with geese and ducks in it. Hampton Inn will be my first choice hotel whenever I work in New Bern!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 18, 2006

We switched to this hotel after reading reviews here of the Days Inn New Bern (see "Run!!"), and were glad we did, especially once we drove by the Days Inn. Hampton staff is friendly, rooms are clean. The free hot breakfast includes several choices to pop into the microwave. There also is a computer in the lobby for checking e-mail. Hostess at breakfast is a little too chatty but gets the hint if you don't want to talk. On Sunday morning the TV in the lobby was tuned into Bible Belt programming, but no one challenged me when I got up and turned it off. Housekeeping ritual was odd -- maids were in first to strip the beds, then came back later to make the beds. Seems very inconvenient to guests to make two trips, but we were told by the front desk that this is the practice. And on the day we checked out, they couldn't seem to want to get into the room fast enough, hovering outside in the hall.

• Stayed May 2006
Fort Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Our room at the Hampton Inn in New Bern was a great stay. The beds were comfy and there were plenty towels. Our room overlooked the pool which provided a sense of fun and relaxation in a rather small and peculiar town. I found the front desk associates to be very friendly and informative to those who were out of town. The continental breakfast was okay... But its continental so you really can't complain.. just fruits, cereal, bagels, and select breakfast foods to fill your tummy. Overall great place.. would stay again

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank exceptionaltravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2005

If you are traveling to New Bern, N.C., I can highly recommend the Hampton Inn, my family and I have stayed there 3 times in the past 10 months! The rooms are clean, the facilities very nice, including a gym, a pool and a hot tub, and an excellant breakfast. The employee's at the Hampton have always been warm and welcoming! Special thanks to Judy, who works in the breakfast area, she is warm, friendly and caring in ways you don't expect from a stranger! She has a good memory too and remembered our family from our last visit and again offered her warmth and comforting words. Every business needs a "Judy" and I hope the Hampton Inn appreciates the treasure they have in her!

• Stayed June 2005