“Very nice facility”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to the New Bern area for business purposes. The hotel is located in a central area with many facilities in close proximity. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast hours accommidate a wide range of wake up times. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day, Joey! I’m so glad to see you had a wonderful experience while visiting our Hampton Inn. We truly appreciate the recommendations and assure you that we will take care of all of the guests you bring our way! We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel didn't quite meet my usual Hilton property experience. They have no on-site food available or pantry so make sure you bring snacks if you get hungry. The bathroom shower curtain and walls are neglected when cleaning, so if you are a neat freak beware. The A/C units don't cool efficiently or run very long, so it gets stuffy very quickly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marianne-Good afternoon and Happy Memorial Day! Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m sorry to see that you found we weren’t of “Hilton Quality” while you were here. My team and I take tremendous pride as being representatives of this wonderful Brand. I apologize for all of the issues you mentioned that took place and I can definitely understand how frustrating it must have been for you. We do not have any on-site food available, outside of our snack machines, the wonderful Tuesday night Manager’s Reception dinner, as well as the hot, delicious breakfast buffet. However, we are extremely close to many dining options as well as walking distance to Wal-Mart, should you just be looking for a tasty snack. I will be sure to investigate the problems you mentioned and appreciate you letting us know. Our guests are our family and we strive to make each stay a memorable experience!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was greeted very nicely upon checking in and was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel lobby. The room was very clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was very satisfying with very good food and fresh fruit. Then when I checked out, I was again greeted by a very friendly person. Overall, my stay was very enjoyable and the next time I am in New Bern, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Kevin, Greetings from New Bern, NC! Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! I will make sure to address them to my team, as I know they will enjoy hearing about how impressed you were with their warm hospitality. We look forward to your next visit to our Hampton Inn!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Here for wedding. Great stay. All the other hotels had not opened their pools yet but Hampton had so we stayed there. Glad we did. The most friendly staff I have ever experienced, from the front desk to the breakfast staff and room cleaners.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your stay with us! I appreciate the opportunity to serve as your hotel of choice to celebrate this special occasion. Our outdoor swimming pool is actually open year round, especially considering we don’t experience many winter weather days. In addition, we are going to be enhancing our pool area with new patio furniture this year that we believe our guests will love! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

You will not go wrong staying @ the Hampton Inn-New Bern. This was our third (3rd) stay & each time we have been greeted warmly, the rooms are clean, quite, efficient. The beds are soft while being firm. Breakfast varies each day. Our stays have been 3 nights each time so we see the different breakfast offerings each time we stay. The hotel is only a 2-3 minute drive to the historic district & 4 minutes to the waterfront. There are plenty of good restaurants close by within a 5 minute drive even @ "rush-hour"

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good afternoon Harry and thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn. I’m glad to hear that each visit you've had with us was a “1st class” experience and I truly appreciate your continued loyalty! On behalf of my team and me, we thank you for all of your wonderful comments and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great arrival experience. Staff was helpful and attentive. Room was basic clean, no frills room. Comfort was average and with the large groups of teenagers that were also staying the same night, I was pleasantly surprised at how respectful and courteous they were and the staff stayed on even keel with the onslaught. Fair to say that the morning breakfast was a Home Run with great extra accents created by the staff. Bravo! New Bern...Be proud.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Good evening Joe C-My team and I are extremely proud to be hospitality professionals of the #1 hotel in New Bern! I’m glad you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast as well as your experience upon arrival. We will definitely work on adding more frills in our guest rooms! We pay extra special attention to the details and are always looking for ways to add enhancements that will have a positive impact on every guest experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you to the beautiful city of New Bern soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I have stay at the Hampton Inn whenever we visit with our military family located in New Bern. The location provides easy access to highways, attractions and is nearby our family. The rooms are clean, comfortable and updated. Ron at the front desk was our first contact with the hotel years ago and continues to be very helpful with each stay. We enjoy the warm personality of Sharyn who works so hard at keeping the food service area well stocked with an excellent breakfast selection. It is a pleasure to see familiar faces when we arrive at our home away from home. Our thanks to the entire hotel staff for the excellent service they provide. See you next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I love how you made a point to mention a couple members of my amazing team. They saw your review and were thrilled to say the least! We work hard to create a memorable experience for all of our guests and are proud to see that we were successful in this during your visit. My team treats all of our guests like members of our own family, so we work hard to create that “home away from home” experience. Cathy, I truly thank you for all of the wonderful comments you made about your stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back next year!