“CB & JK -- We come back year after year, excellent!”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Gasport, New York
“CB & JK -- We come back year after year, excellent!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I have stay at the Hampton Inn whenever we visit with our military family located in New Bern. The location provides easy access to highways, attractions and is nearby our family. The rooms are clean, comfortable and updated. Ron at the front desk was our first contact with the hotel years ago and continues to be very helpful with each stay. We enjoy the warm personality of Sharyn who works so hard at keeping the food service area well stocked with an excellent breakfast selection. It is a pleasure to see familiar faces when we arrive at our home away from home. Our thanks to the entire hotel staff for the excellent service they provide. See you next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I love how you made a point to mention a couple members of my amazing team. They saw your review and were thrilled to say the least! We work hard to create a memorable experience for all of our guests and are proud to see that we were successful in this during your visit. My team treats all of our guests like members of our own family, so we work hard to create that “home away from home” experience. Cathy, I truly thank you for all of the wonderful comments you made about your stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Newport, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband had to have an operation at the hospital nearby,the weather was not good so we decided to stay close to the hospital to avoid any delays.We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.The room was clean and very comfortable.Breakfast was excellent with several choices.Would stay again if needed.Only problem was that we wanted a smoking room and there wasn't one avalible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brenda-My team and I truly appreciate you choosing us and describing your experience as being “perfect”. We strive to provide nothing but the best in guest service and I’m glad to see that our actions reflected just that. I hope you are able to return when the weather is a lot nicer, especially so you can enjoy our beautiful outdoor swimming pool!
medford, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we only stay at hampton inn hotel's. they have always been clean and hold a high standard across the United States where ever we hav e stayed. we will always stay at hampton inns. we are very happy with the way they run a business. thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sal C
Hello! Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hampton Brand! My team and I take tremendous pride in being guest service representatives of this wonderful Hampton Inn. Like all other Hampton’s, we do hold the highest standards of guest service with a professional team, clean and comfortable rooms, and the best amenities of any other hotel in the market! Nothing but the best for our guests!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in New Bern. Overall, we love Hampton Inns. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The place is clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the free hot breakfast. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda655
Good morning Lynda! Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn to enjoy your relaxing, weekend getaway! If you and your husband are ever due for another weekend away from home, we would happy to be your hotel of choice in making sure you have a tranquil, pleasant visit. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Lampe, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always love staying at Hampton Inns! The check in is easy and they were very professional. The beds are so comfortable. The staff is always pleasant. The hotel is very clean. I like the extra amenities that was included. I will always stay a the Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from New Bern! Kaitlin, thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your stay with us. I’m happy to see that your visit with us was “excellent”. That is without a doubt, the main goal my team and I have for each and every one of our guests! We look forward to welcoming you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This Hampton Inn is a dated property that is way past due for renovations, The hallway to my room had a putrid smell, and the room, although clean, was overall not a pleasant environment. I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in hundreds of Hilton properties.. This one ranks up there as one of the worst facilities. Staff was friendly enough, but not overly accommodating. Way overpriced for the poor condition of the rooms. I will not be returning to this Hilton property. Unfortunately, the only other Hilton property in town is the Doubletree on the waterfront that is too pricey for business travel. May have to stray to Marriott during my future visits to New Bern.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank CapeFear0918
Hello Guest Anderson! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I appreciate you letting us know what needs improvement at our Hampton Inn in New Bern. I’m sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We have just completed a renovation of our public areas along with a few upgrades in the rooms. The Hampton Brand has standard room upgrades that will go into effect next year in all of our hotels. This upgrade includes renovations of the entire bathroom, new furniture throughout the rooms, and attractive modern accents as well. I would love for you to give us another try! As a valued Diamond member, we truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. Thank you again and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in the future.
Chesterfield, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was extremely clean. The hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and efficicient. Breakfast was decent for a hotel breakfast. The internet within the hotel was very fast. The housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning our room as we stayed over an entire weekend. There are many dining options close to the hotel and you are forty five minutes from the beach. It was a very quiet and peacefel stay. I will recommend this hotel to anyone else and I will be staying at this location again as I have business there often.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Greetings from New Bern, NC! Melissa, I want to thank you for providing the Hampton Inn New Bern with your 5 star rating! I appreciate you putting so much emphasis in your feedback on how extremely clean our hotel is as well. My Executive Housekeeper and her team will be thrilled to see that you’ve noticed some of the hard work they put into making the hotel spotless from top to bottom! We truly value your wonderful comments from this survey and are looking forward to serving you again!