“Exceptional Service + Quality Staff!”

Hampton Inn New Bern
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 10 nights this year on several different reservations. The staff is by far some of the best I have encounter across the entire Hampton brand. If you want the truly best place to stay in New Bern and get the service you expect and the staff that will do everything they can to make you sure 100% satisfying then you will not go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

“Exceptional Service + Quality Staff” = The Hampton Inn New Bern! I’m so grateful for your loyalty to our hotel and appreciate all of the wonderful things you’ve mentioned in your review. I’m glad you can see that my friendly staff will strive to exceed the expectations of each of our guests by providing exceptional service! Thank you for your response, James, as it is appreciated more than you know!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was in New Bern for a wedding. This motel was convenient to the venue. We only stayed one night and it is a clean, comfortable hotel. The breakfast was really good and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. My only "needs improvement" is the pillows. They were small, flat and only 2 per guest. I probably could have called and requested more or different, but it was late and I was too tired. I would still recommend this motel for an overnight or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hello! Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn to celebrate this special occasion! I will extend your comments to my staff as I know they would truly appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about our breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. I welcome any and all ideas in helping us to be the best hotel around. With that being said, I noted your comments regarding the pillows and we will work on some ways to improve this aspect in the rooms. We provide pillows required by the Brand, however, we could start by adding additional pillows in the rooms for extra comfort to our guests. Thank you for your feedback on this!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I frequently stay at Hampton Inns for work travel, and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite hotel chains. The staff at this location went above and beyond. They front desk people were very friendly (woohoo fresh cookies), the breakfast attendant was walking around to make sure everyone had what they wanted, and the chef on free dinner night was great. The room was extremely clean, but the carpet did have a slight mildew smell. Possibly time to replace that, but other than that no complaints and I will stay at this property again when I come here for work. Thanks to the excellent staff, they truly make guests feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello Lizzie! I’m happy to see from your response that my staff went above and beyond your expectations—this is our ultimate goal with every guest! I’m glad you didn’t miss out on our delicious, fresh baked cookies that we serve Monday-Thursday as well as our Tuesday night Manager’s Reception to include a complementary meal from a local restaurant along with beer, wine, and sodas compliments of our hotel. In reference to the carpeting in the rooms, we are scheduled to have all of the room carpet replaced in 2014. However, in the meantime, we will make every effort to make sure that it is shampooed frequently so the first smell when entering your room will be that it’s fresh and new! We look forward to welcoming you the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel was itself was great. Night manager was unwilling to compromise on pool use on saturday night at 10pm after 12 year old boys had played baseball all day and night and where leaving to go home the next morning

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Scott-I appreciate your comments regarding our Hampton Inn being a great hotel overall. However, I’m sorry to hear that we were unable to honor your request to keep the pool open a little later than the posted time. I can imagine how frustrating it must’ve been in trying to make sure the kids were happy after a long day of baseball. We do have both safety and security in mind with these decisions, but I apologize that it placed a damper on your visit with us. I hope that this doesn’t derail you from choosing us in the future as we would love to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The friendliness and caring of the staff goes beyond the call of duty. I had surgery and was alone and the staff checked on me. One of the housekeepers even brought me a little stuffed animal. The breakfast was great as usual; the hotel was quiet. The room was perfect - I stayed in a king immediately after surgery and then stayed in a double double when I came back a week later for a recheck. Everyone remembered me and were so kind. I would recommend this place as the best representation of Hampton Inn as well as New Bern, NC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

“..Excellent in all ways” This is exactly what we strive for! I’m so proud of my housekeeping staff in seeing your comments about how well they took care of you after surgery. I know any kind of surgery can make things uncomfortable, but I’m glad to hear that my staff made your recovery a little more pleasant. I will make sure to communicate all of your wonderful comments to them, as I know they would appreciate hearing all of the nice things you had to say about them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I typically stay at Marriott hotels but everything in the area was sold out so I took a chance on the Hampton Inn. I was completely satisfied. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a variety of times and most importantly the rooms were neat and clean!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for giving our Hampton Inn, along with the Hilton brand, a chance to show you why we are the best in the business! As hospitality representatives of this wonderful brand, my staff and I strive to provide the most comfortable and clean accommodations, fantastic amenities to include an outdoor pool, a delicious hot breakfast buffet, and so much more! We hope the next time you’re in the area, the Hampton Inn New Bern is your hotel of choice!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hampton Inn is a high quality, but reasonably priced hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel offers very nice amenities such as a free hot breakfast, a business center with availble free computers, a fitness center and a pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Diane-I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities our Hampton has to offer! My staff and I try our best to exceed the expectations of each and every guest by offering exceptional service, clean and comfortable accommodations, delicious complementary hot breakfast, and so much more!