“Very nice Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Chicago, IL
“Very nice Hampton Inn”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in May 2011. It was a very nice modern Hampton Inn. The staff were helpful and friendly. It is very close to the freeway exit. The room was clean and very nice. I couldn't find anywhere decent to eat in the immediate neighborhood beyond a MacDonalds but there's probably better choices if you head downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kb4003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel due to sudden illness in my family. I could have not asked for a better stay had I stayed at a Luxury hotel, to me this was luxury. The room was clean, and the Staff was beyond exceptional, not to mention the breakfast staff, it made my morning to join them. Thanks again!!!

L. Harris, Tampa FL

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times mostly staying while on business. The hotel is very clean, great morning breakfast, and one of the best fitness rooms that I have found. What really makes this a great place to stay is the people that work the front desk. They are very friendly, do not mind helping you with anything, and always have a smile. If you enjoy the fresh baked cookies, they always have plenty of them sitting out for your enjoyment. They have early morning fresh coffee which is a plus for me. I always enjoy my stay at this Hampton Inn, one of the better ones to stay at in the Carolinas.

Room Tip: Great Fitness Center
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eastcoacpl
Lewisville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel before and found it to be a very pleasant place. The staff is more than accommodating. There is a fantastic manager's special on Tuesday nights with light fare from local restaurants including wine and delicious crab dip. The rooms are clean and checked by supervisor during the day after the maids have cleaned the rooms. Best Hampton Inn ever!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank spiderwoman_11
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We enjoyed staying at the New Bern Hampton. The hotel was a bit older but they were in the midst of remodeling the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The ladies behind the desk recommended a great restaurant, we were looking for something local. The breakfast was a typical Hampton breakfast, but it had great service.

Room Tip: You might ask for one of the renovated rooms when you check in.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HaFinkne
Lincolnton, NC
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Background: In town for a nephew's Eagle Scout ceremony, it was nearly 10 pm when we used Priceline to book online at a Best Western for $99; but when we arrived less than 45 minutes later, Best Western said they'd had no rooms at that price (thought they admitted they had my Priceline confirmation!) and they wanted additional $45 more for one of the few remaining rooms. No realapology, no complimentary upgrade, nada, zip. I declined!

Hurricane Irene workers were still numerous in town, and I tried several hotels before finding lodging at the Hampton Inn...their last room and with AAA discount, it was only $105 with 2 queen beds, complimentary breakfast.

The front desk personnel both evening and morning were very friendly and helpful.

Room was nonsmoking and very clean. (So much so that I speculated at the front desk that they must have just recently built this hotel, but they told me it has been in operation for several years.)

Our fourth floor room was completely quiet, even though it was located right at the elevator.
Room temp stayed perfect throughout our one-night visit. Wi-fi in room was free and easy to log on. There was usual iron & board, coffee maker, hairdryer, fridge, microwave, flat screen HDTV. They had a nice bed-tray/desk for writing or computing while sitting in bed...very nice little touch. Mint on the pillow.

The thing that we really liked was the bed--firm with a significantly pillowed surface, the perfect combination. The only other one I have encountered before that was this good was at (pricey) The Quarters in Chicago. We slept great!

I'll have reasons to return to New Bern in the future, and this has become MY hotel there.

(The only thing I rated as just 'average' about this hotel was location, because it is not within walking distance of the downtown and waterfront areas of New Bern. It's within a couple miles, but you would want to drive to that area.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank W David S
Brampton, ON
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This was my first visit to both New Bern and the Hampton Inn chain. The latter left a great impression with me that has ensured they'll get a return visit whenever I'm in town. The staff were attentive and helpful and the room was immaculate!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo