“Excellent place to enjoy Lake James. Good Foods & Drinks!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bear Creek Marina and Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Nebo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This weekend we made our third trip to Bear Creek Marina! Nice atmosphere! Looking for something to to do Friday night or Saturday afternoon, great place to go! Food is what one might expect bar food, but it is good. I have never been disappointed in the drinks there either. However, the best part of going to Bear Creeek Marina are the views of Lake James, they are incredible!

3  Thank CAR0LINABL0NDE

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Do not go here. The people are snooty and your children can't swim on their little beach. They have a man that sits in his golf cart and just stares at you. They act like they are better than you and talk about you the whole time. He thinks he is sheriff . Do not plan a vacation here. Horrible.

1  Thank mamanette
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I drove 40 minutes to try this place. The only positive we had was the view of the lake. Our waitress knew nothing we asked her. We asked her what the specials were for the night (there was a sign out front), she had to go check. Came back and said there were none. When we asked her about the sign, then she told us what they were. Every basic question we asked her about the menu she would have to go ask someone else. I understand that perhaps she was new, but then she should have written down the specials and learned the menu. It's not a large menu at all. My mom ordered a certain type of drink and the waitress came back and said they were out of that. Later we saw a table order two of those drinks and get them right away. We ordered a salad for my handicapped brother to eat while we waited for our meals, and she never brought it. We even asked her about it 20 minutes after ordering and she said she would go check. That was the last time she came to our table other than to bring the bill. Other staff brought our of food (after an hour wait) and it was missing our 2 yr olds order, which we ended up cancelling after another 20 minutes when the rest of our party was down eating and wanted to leave. Oh, and no salad for my brother still. The waitress never came back to ask us how the meal was, if we needed anything, if we needed refills. She was still working and talking with the locals and goofing around, but completely ignored us. As far as the food goes, the oysters were under cooked and the shrimp sauce was frozen solid. The only other time we saw our waitress was when she brought over the bill. My dad was talking with another patron and she came back twice within a few minutes to remind him to pay. She could care less about helping us all night, but was quick to make sure she got paid. We will never go back. I have never left a poor review before but this place is so horrible, I hope my review stops someone from wasting their money. As we were leaving a member of the staff told us that usually they are closed at this time of year but the owner wanted to stay open to make money and because of this they only have 3 staff that have been there, the rest are new. I don't know if this is true or not, but staying open and providing horrible service may help you make money this year. But when people don't come back, it will hurt you in the end.

4  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a beautiful spot to to sit back and relax enjoy the scenary of the lake. The place is to be enjoyed for the lake they have a pretty decent bar and a live bands play. The food is okay, this is a place to enjoy live music by the lake and chill out.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Let's start off on a positive note: Great views. Great music. Great weather. I was entertaining out-of-town guests and I suggested Bear Creek. Big mistake. The hostess put us on a wait, yet there are a number of open tables. After three follow-ups with her in a 30 minute period, she seats us at the table we pointed out to her. The server stopped by 5-10 minutes later. Nice gal. Seemed preoccupied. Perhaps there weren't enough servers to handle this Friday night crowd. Our food took over an hour to appear. Come on, folks. Two philly cheese sandwiches, a grilled cheese, and a 7 inch pizza. Perhaps the kitchen is understaffed. Thankfully the band WAS good. I finally went up to the bartender and asked for our check when we completed our meal. If there's a next time, I'll go in and order a drink, enjoy the complementary peanuts, and eat elsewhere.