We have visited this hotel multiple times. The location can't be beat and the rooms are spacious and comfy. We love the beach views from the oceanfront balcony.
The only negatives I have found:
- wifi was pretty much useless. We couldn't ever get much of a signal and even when it showed up, it would be gone a few minutes later. We've gotten used to using FaceTime to chat with the kiddos back home, and we had to leave the hotel to be able to find wifi that worked.
- the continental breakfast is great if you're cereal or bagel folks. Unfortunately, there aren't many options if you prefer more traditional offerings. We opted to go out for breakfast every day instead of eating at the hotel.
Overall, it's a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST LOCATION, BEST VIEWS, BEST STAFF, BEST ROOMS, and the BEST VALUE! We are #1 on the Outer Banks because we know what our guests want and we strive hard to give it to them every day. Since 1984 our family owned and operated hotel has been making first time visitors long term guests with our Carolina Hospitality coupled with our exceptionally clean and well appointed rooms. We look forward to having you as our next guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Surf Side Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel Nags Head
- Surfside Nags Head