All reviews ocean front indoor pool room was clean the outer banks street side hot tub cinnamon rolls beach access beach hotel oceanfront room second floor free breakfast staff was very friendly bodie island lighthouse off season watch the sunrise wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Great rooms, had a good view of the ocean. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was large and the kept it stocked even though it was Easter morning and there were a lot of people. You could tell they were used to being busy. Great beach access from the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear KTCHart,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront. I am delighted to hear your room was clean, beds comfortable and our staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 4, 2019

We found this hotel to be clean, quiet and and comfortable with friendly staff and easy check in and out. Our 4th floor room had a good view of the ocean and there is easy access to walk to the beach. Parking was ample and free. The free breakfast was as expected and the WiFi worked well for us.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear Birdguy,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear your room was clean and comfortable and our staff was friendly. Also, I am glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful ocean views from your room. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Looks like it's been recently remodeled. Good location. Nice , clean, roomy oceanfront just what we like, comfortable bed . We were on the 4th floor so great view of the ocean. Friendly workers, quick check in. Breakfast was okay. My only complaint was that the sink didn't have a stopper no way to keep the water from running out. That was strange to me. All in all good stay. We will be back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear TrudyS432,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront. I am pleased to hear your room was clean and comfortable and our staff was friendly. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed April 21, 2019

This is a great property right on the beach. It has obviously been totally refurbished and rebranded in the last couple of years. Great room and bathroom layout. Property is spotless. I really liked the new stainless steel fridge and freezer in the room not standard size but larger than most hotel room fridges. Breakfast is standard HIX fare. Indoor pool looked real neat but we did not use it. What really detracted from the 2 day stay was the lack of internet service. We could not get my IPad to work. The staff tried to help and sent me to their tech support - likely the support group for all IHG properties and they were useless and did not have a sense of urgency. Someone at that Tech company needs to be held accountable. My iPad worked off site and at another brand's property before this stay as well as at numerous other Holiday Inn Expresses in Canada and USA as we travelled home so it was not my IPad. In this day and age it totally distracts from a stay when you can’t get the internet to work. I would suggest even more important today than a TV. I would still recommend the hotel. It is a very good property - the staff were real nice and professional. It is close to dining, and food stores. You walk out the back door over the stairs on the dune and you are on the beach!
I hope someone follows up on this for me and can guarantee me they will get my internet working if we stay there again. We are going back to Nags Head for a longer stay and I really like this property and we would love to stay, but I cannot be without internet service - especially in the biggest sports week of the year. MLB opening week, NHL and NBA playoffs.

Room tip: Eastern/beach side gives great view of sunrise
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NSTraveller493
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night. The ocean view is amazing. Staff is really friendly and kind. Bed and pillows are clean and comfortable. Microwaves and coffee machine in the room.
Breakfast is okey. Just a standard breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Dear Guadalupe R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the amazing oceanviews and your bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit with us.