All reviews ocean front indoor pool room was clean the outer banks street side hot tub beach access cinnamon rolls oceanfront room free breakfast beach hotel top floor second floor staff was very friendly bodie island lighthouse off season watch the sunrise
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Went to Nags Head NC for the weekend (02/09-02/11) and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was clean and we had a great view from our ocean front room. Being off season it was a great get away and a great location. Close to good restaurants, shopping and of course the beach.
John G.
Lewes, Del.

Room tip: Breakfast is served from 6:30AM to 9:30AM.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jjgangone
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear jjgangone,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront during your recent get away and taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear your room was clean, your view of the ocean was great and our staff provided you with great customer service. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The room was clean and had a good view of the ocean, but it was noisy making sleep difficult...well past midnight. I could hear people in rooms next to mine as well as doors opening and slamming shut. There is a gap around the door allowing noise from the hallway; along with that the doors design make them noisy. The people talking/shouting may just have been that there were a bunch of rude people near me on a Saturday night, but I wonder if the walls are too thin. I would not go back to this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear share2015,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I value your comments and apologize for the noise you experienced as a guest of ours. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

What a great location! Even though it was cool out, I could look out my window to the ocean. Also the staff was so helpful and friendly. Once the day heated up, it was 11:00 check out time, however they let me check out at noon with no extra fee so I could take a walk on the beach. Thanks!

Room tip: Request an oceanview room; third floor or above. It is well worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear pas2rjw,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear our staff extended your stay so that you could enjoy a walk on the beach and they were super friendly. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We stayed here for one night on an Outer Banks trip. It was off season so there were very few people staying at this hotel. We had a room with king bed, refrigerator, microwave and balcony. Room was very clean with great views of the ocean. Didn't use the indoor pool but it looked nice. Check in was easy and the room was ready when we arrived early. Located in a residential area and close to shops and restaurants - maybe even walking distance if you need. Drove the seven miles to Bodie Island Lighthouse for a visit.Would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Dear Jill C,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront during your recent trip to the Outer Banks and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear your room was clean and you enjoyed the views of the ocean. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

We came in late Friday night just 2 days after the small blizzard hit. Roads were rough and nerves were at the end with no restaurants open and we had not eaten since noon that day. The manager on duty Shirene was awesome and went above and beyond by opening the breakfast area so we could at least have some toast and oatmeal. The room was clean and inviting which helped calm very stressful nerves. The breakfast in the morning was A-typical for a Holiday in, but staff super friendly. Very clean room and looks to have been recently updated. Morning staff were also very friendly but I will never forget Shirlene and her smile and warmth to two very weary road travelers on a dark and cold night.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lg00dwin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear Ruth Ann E,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront during your recent visit to the snowy Outer Banks and taking the time to write an awesome review. I am delighted to hear you made it here safely and Shirlene went above and beyond by providing you with breakfast foods for dinner, since all of our restuarants were closed due to the snow storm. Shirlene will be thrilled you mentioned her on your review. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us. Happy Anniversary!