- Great location on the beach and not too far from places to eat (but few within walking distance)
- Beautiful, wide, clean beach.
- Nice walk way over the sand dune (see below)
- Sweet Potato Biscuit Breakfast was decent (think little biscuits with little ham, but still tasty)
- Nice size room, clean, comfortable bed, nice bath/shower.
Cons (don't let these keep you from staying here):
- The 2nd floor is really the 1st floor of guest rooms above the car park. If you want a view of the beach you have to be on floors 3-5; else you have a nice view of the sand dune; and a bit of the ocean. The other issue is the railing has a wide top on it that obstructs your view unless you stand up.
- Not able to easily walk to a bar or restaurant. The closest good restaurant (not across the highway at the mall), the Blue Moon Beach Grill (which was great) is 0.7 miles.
- Visit the Wright Bros museum and the lighthouses. If you don't want to drive down to Hatteras, check out Bodie Island Lighthouse.
- Ask the nice host lady at breakfast where to eat dinner.
- Go down to the Nags Head Fishing Pier and have a beer at the bar which has a nice view of the beach and ocean. Good craft beer on draft and nice staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront is the only Outer Banks hotel that features over 4 acres of pristine oceanfront, and is located in the quiet, residentially-zoned historic area in Nags Head. Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront (formerly named the Nags Head Inn) has become famous for delivering the Original Outer Banks Oceanfront Experience for nearly a quarter of a century by offering our highly valued guests honest vacation value. According to Outer Banks hotel reviews, our guests love the recent renovations on our 4 acres of beautiful oceanfront sand dunes, pristine beach, manicured Bermuda lawns and lush barrier island gardens... relaxing year round in our indoor heated pool or jumping into the beautiful Atlantic Ocean just outside their doors. We love making lasting memories happen and we've been told we're pretty good at it. It is our aim to make every guest become a repeat guest and offer you a vacation superior to other Outer Banks hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nags Head Hotel Nags Head
- Nags Head Bed Breakfast
- Nags Head Inn
- Nag Head Inn