All reviews biscuits indoor pool ocean front the outer banks fifth floor room was clean street side hot tub sun deck beach access oceanfront room front desk staff beach hotel hear the waves staff was very friendly off season watch the sunrise
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Nags Head Inn over Memorial Day - just this past weekend, Saturday through Monday. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Especially the housekeeping staff on the third floor. We had a 3rd floor Ocean View room, which was perfect - had a great view of the (very high) dune and ocean from the balcony of the room. Couldn't see much of the beach, except for low tide, but that was perfectly fine with me. I paid extra for the ocean view, and was glad I had. Room had a small fridge, microwave, and single-cup coffee maker. Perfect to keep drinks cold while we were out on the beach. We had a room with two double beds, which was a little cramped with two people in the bed, but the room itself was pretty spacious. Bathroom smaller, but it had all the items you need. New stairs to the beach, and handicap-accessible ramp to a beach lookout (though no handicap access to beach). Loved that there was an outdoor shower and hose for after the beach, as well as bathrooms available for use. My only complaint for the entire weekend was that the bathrooms were not well maintained; by Monday afternoon (at 1PM), there were no more towels for the hands, and one roll of loose toilet paper between two stalls. The ham/sweet potato biscuits were OK, not as good as some I've had in other parts of NC, and the other danishes available for breakfast were a bit weak. But I didn't go there for the breakfast, just for the beach view and beach access, which was perfect. I'll definitely come back and stay there again.

Room Tip: Careful with ocean view - you may get a view of just the extremely high sand dune and not the ocean. 3rd floor had wave/water view, but not much beach view (which was perfectly fine by me)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison F
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Nags Head Inn Oceanfront. We are glad that you enjoyed the oceanfront room and our facilities. We do apologize for the problems that you experienced with the outdoor rest rooms. We will try to do a better job of monitoring the supplies in the future.
We are glad that you chose to stay with us for your Memorial Day weekend getaway and hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I first visited here in 2006 and really enjoyed my stay, so I booked again on this return visit. We stayed on the 4th floor, Ocean View and it was a great view of the ocean. Not just that, but it's close enough to hear the waves crash on the shore... quite lovely. The rooms are clean and of good size.
The staff were all very friendly and the free potato cake things for breakfast were delicious! Sadly the pool was not yet open, due to renovations being pushed back. But the attention to detail in the service was excellent. They even gave us a presentation box of caramel corn for our outward trip... perfect for the journey home!

Room Tip: Fourth floor provides an excellent view of the Ocean
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MissCarbonara

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us at the Nags Head Inn Oceanfront. We are glad that you enjoyed the oceanfront room – relaxing on the balcony looking at and hearing the ocean is a great way to spend your vacation.
Our pool area renovations have been completed and it is ready for all of our guests to enjoy.
We are glad that you chose to stay with us again and hope that you come back – but hopefully you won’t wait another 8 years.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed 8 nights ending 5/25/14, found the Inn to be one of the best places we have stayed in our 50 years of marriage. Hotel was very clean and the staff is great. Very friendly and efficient. Miss Sherls potato biscuits are delicious. The best views are from the 4th or 5th floors. I cannot find one thing to complain about!!
The Greenes

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue G
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Nags Head Inn Oceanfront. We strive to deliver a great vacation experience to all of our guests and are always happy to know when we succeed.
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Congratulations on 50 years of marriage!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a very nice, attractive hotel, but I just wanted to offer a warning. The website images you see where it looks like all the floors look out over the beach is misleading. I was in a second floor "oceanfront" room, and my view consisted largely of the parking lot and a sand dune. I could just make out the ocean over the dune, but I couldn't see the waves and I couldn't hear the ocean. If you want to actually see the beach, then you should book above the second floor or stay at the Surf Side down the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank LisaMM2014

We are sorry that you were not happy with the view from your room during your stay with us. The second floor oceanfront rooms do have a beautiful view of the ocean but not of the beach. The nightly rates for these rooms are lower than the rooms on the upper floors. You can enjoy looking at the ocean from your room or your private balcony and save some money too.
Thank you for staying with us at the Nags Head Inn. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We recently stayed at this Inn for two nights. We were pleasantly surprised to find a government discount, and as a result felt that we received good value. The rooms were clean, and service was good. The hotel is located on the ocean and is near Kitty Hawk as well as many restaurants, stores and other things. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AJH798
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Nags Head Inn Oceanfront. We are glad that you enjoyed our central location right on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.