All reviewsbiscuitsindoor poolocean frontthe outer banksfifth floorroom was cleanstreet sidehot tubsun deckbeach accessoceanfront roomfront desk staffbeach hotelhear the wavesstaff was very friendlyoff seasonwatch the sunrise
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the Nags Head Inn for 4 nights in June. When we checked in, we asked for a quiet room and our request was granted and we were quickly checked in, Our room was clean and very quiet our entire stay. We enjoyed being able to walk out of the hotel and onto the beautiful, uncrowded beach. The sweet potato biscuits at breakfast were delicious and Shirl was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is there is no laundry room on the premises, so we had to drive 5 miles to the nearest laundromat . Even so, we wiill stay here next time we visit the Outer Banks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Nags Head Inn. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Nags Head but is still close to all of the area attractions. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We just returned home from Nags Head Inn. We loved the pretty ocean views from our room and the uncrowded beaches.So much history to enjoy there.. loved the lighthouses.
The sand dune is large so you really need to be on upper floors to get a good view of ocean over dune. Our son enjoyed the indoor pool-5ft deep and hot tub.. The indoor pool building is perpendicular to hotel rooms, therefore some rooms view the roof of pool building which obstructs some of the beach views looking down the beach. The pool is on 2nd floor so the room nearest pool could get some noise there..from the balcony especially..

This Inn is an older established buiiding, well maintained and clean... If you want the granite and hardwood, may want to check out those $600.00 per night places.. or the homes for $6,000.. weekly..We were thankful to find this affordable family location within our price range. I feel everyone there made us feel welcome and did everything within their means to make our vacation great..You will not find a better Nags Head/Outer banks location! Central location for all we went to see!

Room Tip: Rooms near pool, over look the roof area of indoor pool.. and can get noise from pool-mainly on balcony..I think those are the 425, 325, 225 type rooms....It would have been better if indoor pool buildingh had been build on other side of building as some of long beach views are obstructed from this structure... (but it is nice to swim and also see the ocean!!)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank travelmom2311

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Nags Head Inn. We are glad that we can offer our guests a clean comfortable place to stay at the beach that is within most families’ budget. Thanks for choosing the Nags Head Inn. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nags Head Inn is a great location. Our room had an ocean view on the 4th floor. The hotel has an elevator, indoor swimming pool with windows all around, hot tub, covered parking. The front desk staff is very helpful.
Personally, I didn't like the long drive from the Norfolk airport to Nags Head but once we got here it was great. Lots and lots of great restaurants to choose from. Plenty of mini golf too.
I would recommend Nags Head Inn for anyone who wants to enjoy the beach with all the fun things around to go with it.
My only problem is that the room wasn't cool enough and a little damp but other than that stay there and enjoy!

Room Tip: 4th or 5th floors - ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Nags Head Inn. I agree that the trip from the Norfolk airport can seem a bit long but we think that it is worth the drive to be here on the Outer Banks. Besides our beautiful beaches for swimming, surfing or just relaxing, we are fortunate to have a lot of historical sites in the area and great recreation spots, shopping and restaurants.
I am sorry that your room wasn’t as cool as you would have liked. Maintenance would have been happy to do whatever they could to get the room to the temperature that would have made you more comfortable.
Thanks for choosing the Nags Head Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Alright, let me first start out by stating that I work in the Hotel Industry, so I know the, "tricks of the trades", and what to look for, and what to consider warning signs. I've stayed at a number of hotels in the past on business, but this was my first leisure stay, anywhere. I should have posted this review last year when we stayed, however my life revolves around work (Guest Services Agent at a Days Inn, Waynesboro, VA; Firefighter; EMT). My wife and I loved our stay here. We were a little early to check-in, however they had a room available for us that was clean to check in, right away, which to me, was very convenient and tells me, they pride themselves on guest satisfaction (most hotels would point to the sign indicating the specified check-in time, and never give you a second look until then). Considering this trip was our Honeymoon, we surveyed all hotels in OBX very thoroughly. We couldn't have picked a better location. Sue Hogan seems to be a very down-to-earth Manager and stays on top of her priorities at the Property. We had a street-side room and never had any issues regarding noise from traffic or pedestrians walking by. I would definitely recommend this property as a Front Desk Agent, and as a fellow traveller. I look forward to coming back this September for a few days!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rcoiner
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Nags Head Inn. We are glad that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us in 2011 and that you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again in September. Happy anniversary!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is oceanfront with great views. It has an indoor pool. The rooms were recently renovated and are quite nice. However, the past two times we have stayed there, our room was not ready at 4pm and we had to wait approximately 30 minutes. The prices to stay anywhere in the OBX during the summer are outrageous (average is $275/night on weekends). For the money, I expect better. Front desk offered average service, not particularly gracious. On average, I would say a good place to stay, but not great.

Room Tip: ask for highest floor possible for the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendic430
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

We are sorry that you had to wait a few minutes past 4PM to get your room key. Usually all of our reserved rooms are ready by 4 but sometimes the rooms require a some extra efforts to get them properly cleaned and sanitized for the next guest.
We hope that you will come back to stay with us again.