Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
$127
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
$68
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
$142
Travelocity
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
All reviewsbiscuitsindoor poolocean frontthe outer banksfifth floorroom was cleanstreet sidehot tubsun deckcovered parkingoceanfront roomfront desk staffbeach accesshear the wavesbeach hotelstaff was very friendlyoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I'm very picky about my hotels. I have had a lot of bad experiences at oceanfront hotels, but this hotel exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff and the cleaning staff were both professional and polite. We arrived hours before check-in and I took a chance to see if a room was available and sure enough, they found a room for us to check-in to early. The rooms are on the smaller side, but the beds are comfortable and they offer a table/chairs, refrigerator and microwave. The bathrooms were a bit small too, but the shower had good water pressure so it was fine. Short walk across parking lot to private beautiful private beach, and umbrellas and chairs are sold for a small fee. The hotel also has a hose for rinsing off feet and access to bathrooms from the outside. I did not get to the pool/hot tub area nor the biscuit breakfast… will do that on my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SandyLW
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. The staff takes great pride in offering our guests a clean, comfortable, friendly vacation spot. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our stay at the Nags Head Inn was one of the best stays at a hotel we've had in a long time. My husband is handicapped and not only did they help whenever we needed to go out the door, as he had a walker, one girl I believe her name is Lilly or Lilian actually helped me get my husband into the car. That alone shows that the staff at this hotel actually care about their guests and their experiences!

The rooms were clean, the housekeeping staff absolutely fantastic!! The sweet potato biscuits were really good, the satellite TV and flat screen were really nice!

We will be back every year, as the staff and this hotel went above and beyond what we expected.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Nags Head Inn. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests to make their visit to the Outer Banks a memorable one. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in 2012.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

My dad and I stayed at Nags head Inn for one night on our way to Ocracoke after having found it for a reasonable price on the internet the day before. The service at the front desk upon arrival was not the best in all honesty. There were two ladies at the desk, one of which was a feisty blonde woman who appeared to be belittling another member of staff just as we were checking in which was rather unfortunate and unnecessary in front of clients. This commotion was caused after we had asked to change from a regular room to another room offering an ocean view rather than a view of the towns main road. We paid an extra $46 for the privilege of seeing the ocean which we thought was totally worth it even though we were only there for one night.

We stayed in a room with two double beds that met our needs perfectly. Whilst certainly not being a top of the line hotel, Nags Head Inn does offer customers a comfortable place to stay for a few nights.

The breakfast did not look the best. We didn’t indulge in it ourselves but it was comprised of pre-packaged snacks and juices which seem to be quite standard in this part of the world, much to my dismay.

The beach in front of the hotel is kept clean and there were quite a few people either swimming or fishing on it when we were there and it is perfect for an afternoon stroll. The pool and Jacuzzi/hot tub were unfortunately not so nice. The pool is pretty small and highly chlorinated and the Jacuzzi was mobbed with people.

I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again but it was not all that bad.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms, even if it costs!
  • Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank ElementTraveler
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Nags Head Inn. The staff takes a lot pride in offering our guests a clean and comfortable place to stay while on the Outer Banks and we are glad that you enjoyed that aspect of your stay.
The front desk person that you mentioned was not belittling the other worker – the younger girl was in training and the room type change offered the perfect teaching opportunity for her. Learning this procedure gives her the skills that she will need in order to take care of all of our guests’ needs.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Fast, easy check in, friendly staff. Oceanfront room was spacious and clean. Have never slept well in a hotel until staying here. They were friendly and helpful. Loved the little sweet potato biscuits & coffee. I didn't like the parking lot between us and the ocean, but got over that little inconvenience quickly.
Great stay!

Room Tip: We were 4th floor ocean front. View was great!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anniep2
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Nags Head Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Words of advice.....first impressions are everything. Reservation staff was rude and not very helpful....booked at another hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
innkeeperNagsHeadNC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent phone call to the hotel. I am sorry that the person that you spoke to was not as helpful as she should have been. I can assure you that this is not up to the usual standards for guest relations here at the Nags Head Inn. I hope that you will try us again.