All reviews beach access ocean view the outer banks labor day kitty hawk convenient location obx accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I am not sure about the reviews I read. I assume negative reviews have not been allowed or deleted because how this place had the rating it has is beyond me. The price should have been our first clue. The hotel is right on the beach. The beach access was good and the beach itself was nice. The room which was on the ground floor was DAMP to the point that when sitting on the bed my shorts felt wet. I did ask to be relocated and the staff was gracious and gave us a room on the second floor which was better. The room on the second floor had a dehumidifier in addition to the AC which we emptied twice in the night. Why there was no dehumidifier on the ground floor I am not sure but that may have made the difference. Also, the ground floor room had a table in the entry which left about twelve inches to pass by to get into the main area. It is certainly older which does not bother me. It was fairly clean which is important. Certainly when you get away from the “chain hotels” there are more variations and less consistency but based on the reviews I did not expect what we found. Basically after we checked in I found myself staying on the beach because I dreaded returning to the room to the musty unpleasant smell and dank. Will not be returning.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Basic mom and pop motel on the beach on the Southern end of Nags Head. They have a great location and the rates were good. It’s no frills, but was clean. We stayed on the third floor and had a nice view, but I didn’t care for the enclosed balcony.

The a/c worked fine. The room was clean and comfortable. The location and being beachfront was great. It was a bit dated, but that never bothers me if it’s clean and well maintained. We didn’t use the pool, but it looked fine. The staff was friendly. No problems here and I would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanaLfromKY
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

I'm so glad we came across this gem. I've stayed at a place not far from this motel for literally 3 times the amount (and was no better). This place has beautiful landscape, very clean and nice sized rooms, great view of the ocean, affordable price and a nice pool. Staff was friendly. They don't provide breakfast but that's a quick fix, the Dunes Restaurant is right across the way or bring your own oatmeal and microwave it. The only small complaint if there was one was the balcony. It's quite blocked off so sitting out there with the air conditioner running was hot and smelly. However, from our third floor room, we had an awesome view out of our motel room of the ocean. We'll definitely be back to this great motel!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank roserainbow84
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Very convenient to Jeanette's Pier, walking distance to restaurants, Tanger Mall, even miniature golf.
Oceanfront but the windows on the balcony limit visibility and holds heat in from air conditioner.
Room service was very good. The luggage lift to the second and third floors was very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2017

Motel is nothing fancy....BUTone of the great finds at Nags Head!!!..AND it a very very nice mom and pop Motel....:)...Peaceful and quiet....Rooms clean and neat. New towels and room vac every day!! staff great help with any questions...have a grill area and tables they even supply you charcoal and utensils for grill which is great!!..affordable for a single mom of two...rooms with Kitchenettes...:)...which help with cost of going!!...Nice Pool and beach right over sand dune!! we decided to come early and had late check in and they very accommodating for our late arrival!!...I was lucky they even had the room that I had originally booked for the next few days open so we didn't have to move any of our stuff!!

Date of stay: July 2017