“Best food on the OBX!!!!”

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: At Lone Cedar Cafe, we specialize in fresh and local seafood. If you're craving the freshest fish, clams, crab, shrimp and oysters from local North Carolina waters, you'll find them at the Lone Cedar Cafe. For generations, Outer Banks families made their livings - and their daily meals - from the bounty of local waters, caught fresh every day. Our family, the Basnights, were part of that history, and we continue the tradition today by serving only the freshest Outer Banks seafood, caught in local waters and brought to our docks daily by local fishermen, then cleaned and prepared right here at the Lone Cedar Cafe. Our vegetables are "just picked" from North Carolina farms, we serve only all-natural beef and poultry and even our herbs and greens are grown in our own chemical-free garden on-site. Come enjoy delicious food, gorgeous sunsets and panoramic water views, the antics of our resident ospreys and our warm Southern hospitality.
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Basnight's Lone Cedar to celebrate our Anniversary. We have visited the outer banks numerous times and have eaten at many restaurants but never had we eaten at Basnight's. My mother in law suggested that we visit Basnight's for the atmosphere and the good food. We were so impressed with the friendly staff. Our waitress was named Carolyn and she was absolutely wonderful. She knew so much about the menu and she was very nice. She recommended the oysters. I was a little reluctant because I have never eaten oysters but they were delicious!!!! My husband and I really enjoyed our visit to Basnight's Lone Cedar and we will definitely return!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a wonderful meal and great service, not sure who was cooking but Angie was my server. Crab dip app. was wonderful, local oysters for the main coarse. No room for dessert, maybe next time.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were told by the receptionist at our hotel about Basnight's. She said the restaurant had local seafood and was one of the best places locally. She was right! My husband & I were so impressed with the food, the portions & the price! The shrimp were huge & the flounder I ordered was by far the best I've ever tasted. Family atmosphere but also was nice place to enjoy a nice meal for 2.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been here a couple of times with my golfing buddies. Our trip to the OBX is in the off-season, October so the restaurant is not as crowded or busy as it is during the summer vacation season. When we've been there, the service has always been great. Some of the guys prefer separated checks and the servers have no problem coming up with 6 or 8 checks that are always accurate. I had a bucket of steamed clams and they were perfect. i also ordered the crab stuffed flounder entree. i was disappointed in it. It came in an oblong casserole bowl and was pretty dry around the edges. Generally the food has been good there so i'll sure give it another try.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A recent visit reinforced the consistency we have come to expect here. Fresh food, well prepared without being overdone, generous servings, and high quality with reasonble prices. The clam chowder, broiled and fried seafood, and fresh vegetables were excellent. The staff are sincerely friendly and helpful. April patiently and fully answered our questions and honestly cared about making our meal and visit a special evening. During our stay we ate out at seven other recommended restaurants. Basnight's was the best by far!