“Best Ever”

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: At Lone Cedar Cafe, we specialize in fresh and local seafood. If you're craving the freshest fish, clams, crab, shrimp and oysters from local North Carolina waters, you'll find them at the Lone Cedar Cafe. For generations, Outer Banks families made their livings - and their daily meals - from the bounty of local waters, caught fresh every day. Our family, the Basnights, were part of that history, and we continue the tradition today by serving only the freshest Outer Banks seafood, caught in local waters and brought to our docks daily by local fishermen, then cleaned and prepared right here at the Lone Cedar Cafe. Our vegetables are "just picked" from North Carolina farms, we serve only all-natural beef and poultry and even our herbs and greens are grown in our own chemical-free garden on-site. Come enjoy delicious food, gorgeous sunsets and panoramic water views, the antics of our resident ospreys and our warm Southern hospitality.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had soft shell crab bites last night at Basnight's and they were amazing. I sat up at the bar and ate my dinner with great conversation from the bartenders and surrounding customers. The service was excellent and my food arrived about 5 minutes after I ordered it. I love Basnight's and have never had a bad experience with the service or food. No restaurant is perfect and when they are super busy some flaws should be expected. I will remain a loyal customer of Basnight's even if I do ever have a "bad" experience.

1  Thank CarlolinaGirl23

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to this restaurant tonight to see why this was such a highly recommended restaurant and they certainly did not disappoint!
We started out with a bowl of their she crab soup and that was out of this world good, filled with lump crab meat! Then we both had seafood pasta dishes. It was truly incredible how much seafood was loaded in the meal! There was so much food that I had to bring back leftovers and that's very rare. Overall, it was an excellent meal. My only complaint would be that I wish the items on the menu weren't so pricey!

1  Thank rudy111177
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wonderful Restaurant to visit. We had an excellent waiter, Angie, who knew how to take care of us. The service was attentive and prompt. The food was perfectly prepared, and tasted fantastic. Dessert was amazing with many choices that made it difficult to choose. Lone Cedar reminds me of old times on the Outer Banks.

1  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Always eat at The Lone Cedar when visiting the Banks. Had a house in KDH for 10 yrs and always ate a meal or two a week there. Freshest seafood on the island with a pleasant atmosphere and great old time feel. Soft shells are very nice and you can never go wrong with the special. Like seafood, stop at Basnights

1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place has excellent food, but if you're in the main dining room it's hard to hear anyone at your table talking. They really need to do something about the acoustics in that room, it's been way too loud since they remodeled it and doesn't add to any enjoyment. We always ask to be seated in one of the back rooms, which are not as noisy.