All reviews our rooms were ready the outer banks hotels motels bathroom shower enjoyed our stay beach road jeannette's pier sand fishing rental keys pros accommodations vintage porch
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2018

My husband and I drove down from Hampton, VA without reservations but we were lucky enough to get the last queen room available. The lady at check in was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was across from the beach but close to the cool, clean and relaxing pool and Owen's restaurant. We ate there our first night and loved the food, atmosphere and our server, Desmond! We saw him daily while sitting on the porch and he was very respectful, friendly and pleasant. When we travel, we look for clean, comfortable and convenient. Owen's had it all! We were in walking distance to Super Wings to buy souvenirs, swim/ beach gear. Cahoon's, the neighborhood grocery store, Bike rentals, Jeannette's Pier, Tanger Outlet, restaurants and the ice cream shop; "Fat Boyz," which was sadly closed because the owner had passed away. Smoking is not allowed in the room we stayed in (YAY!), I don't know about the rest of the Motel rooms but you can smoke while sitting on the porch in the lounge chairs provided and a butt receptacle is also provided. Our room also had a refrigerator, Coffeemaker and Microwave. A big plus! There was one in room issue I called the desk to advise them about and it won't be addressed here. I've been assured it will be handled. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again. 2 suggestions: Much better WiFi. Everyone travels with cell phones, Laptops and tablets. We are night people and had less problems after others had gone to bed but during the day, it was not available. Please update the TV's, PLEASE! We come down twice a year. In May for our anniversary and hubby's birthday and again in September; usually after Labor Day. This trip was spur of the moment. Next time, I will make reservations for an ocean front room. All in all, we truly enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

Room tip: Check the room maps or call.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Owens' M, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thanks for your review. We hope everyone finds that they enjoy the simple pleasures of the beach life here at Owens. WE look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

Jim

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I was looking for a place and did not want to spend a fortune, found Owens’s on trip advisor. When we arrived we were greeted by Jim who gave the low down on the local restaurants and stores etc. Real good guy and his wife is one of the owners. The room was what I was expecting and the most important thing was that it was very clean. The motel is on both side of the beach road and I was on the far side from the beach but it was only a 2 minute walk. The people working at Owens’s were all very pleasant and helpful. We had such a good that we booked another vacation there for next year but will be staying in a room on the beach.

Date of stay: August 2018
Owens' M, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us. Owens Motel and Restaurant is family owned and operated since 1946, and we try to offer clean and comfortable rooms with friendly service. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Dated, old, but pretty clean. The bathroom shower is very small. I could not get the door to the room open due to handle is backwards. When I arrived to check in the front desk employee walked away with no explanation of where he was going or when he would return. I had to come back later and check in.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This is an older style motel, complete with a very good dinner restaurant and pool. The staff was overboard accommodating and taking care of my children. I love these older style family run motels because I feel closer to nature, and the owners truly care about their guests. They have outside showers to rinse off the sand. We will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Owens' M, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Adequate but nothing to write home about -- the beachfront rooms are probably better, but the room I had was inexpensive and just OK. The door stuck, the bed wasn't too comfortable, and there was a bit of noise from nearby rooms. On the plus side, definitely cheap for the area.

Date of stay: April 2018