All reviewsoceanfront efficiencythe outer bankshotels motelslocated within walking distancelate checkoutmom and popview from the balconybeach vacationbeach roadbeach accesssandsamdunesaccommodationsvintageporchhurricane
Reviewed July 26, 2017

The room was clean and well kept but the motel is older. For the price the motel was what we expected. Had some problems with getting the door opened, but the a/c worked, hot water worked and it was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank BHS79
Owens' M, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thanks for staying with us we hope to see you again!

Jim

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Room was pretty small and smelled a little musty. The Shower was a very small stall. That being said, I can't complain too much. Room was clean and cheap and close to the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank ewhubbard
Reviewed June 29, 2017

This is an average spot. The good news is that you can get a relatively cheap room ($100-125) and be right on the beach (maybe, more on this later). What you're getting is something like a Motel 6 that's a little on the rundown side, but if like me you have a high tolerance for that type of lodging, you'll get a pretty good deal.

Like I said, you may be right on the beach. Or, you may be across the street. They have two locations, and nothing during my booking made this clear. The building across the street, where my wife and I were put up, is still pretty close, but if you're dreaming about keeping the window or balcony door open to listen to the ocean all night, make sure of what you're getting.

The only real downside is that the shower was tiny, like middle of London tiny, just big enough for one person to fit. Every time I turned around I hit my elbows on the side. On the other hand, the water as hot and the spray was powerful, so not a huge problem.

Room Tip: There is one building out of several that has ocean-view rooms. Be sure what you're getting.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David G
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Very clean, quiet, "mom & pop" style drive- up motel. The front desk does have limited hours, but we easily found our room keys waiting when we arrived. We prepaid on Hotwire, so that may have simplified the after hours check- in process.

Our room has evident signs of being fairly recently renovated with updated ptac units instead of the window a/c's shown in many of the photos here. The linens were brand new (straight out of the pack with the fold lines still visible)! The bathroom was quite small with a TINY shower (think back to college dorm showers), but the water pressure was fantastic. The TV hadn't been updated to a flat screen, but it was a TV and it worked. Enough said.

The only negative I found was not having wifi. The motel may actually have it and I just didn't get the instructions since I arrived late, but nothing with the motel's name showed up under available networks either. This wasn't a huge issue for me, since I easily used my phone to check work emails, but it could really hinder some travelers.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn H
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you very, very much Dawn for your review and support! We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to send us feedback. Hope you have a great summer and come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

The rooms are outdated. The front desk office has limited hours. Coffee left in the coffee maker. Bed sheets and covers have stains. The only saving grace is the fantastic view and location right on the beach.

Stayed: September 2016