All reviewsoceanfront efficiencythe outer bankshotels motelslocated within walking distancelate checkoutmom and popview from the balconybeach roadbeach vacationbeach accesssandsamdunesaccommodationsvintageporchhurricane
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Very clean, quiet, "mom & pop" style drive- up motel. The front desk does have limited hours, but we easily found our room keys waiting when we arrived. We prepaid on Hotwire, so that may have simplified the after hours check- in process.

Our room has evident signs of being fairly recently renovated with updated ptac units instead of the window a/c's shown in many of the photos here. The linens were brand new (straight out of the pack with the fold lines still visible)! The bathroom was quite small with a TINY shower (think back to college dorm showers), but the water pressure was fantastic. The TV hadn't been updated to a flat screen, but it was a TV and it worked. Enough said.

The only negative I found was not having wifi. The motel may actually have it and I just didn't get the instructions since I arrived late, but nothing with the motel's name showed up under available networks either. This wasn't a huge issue for me, since I easily used my phone to check work emails, but it could really hinder some travelers.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn H
owensnagshead, Manager at Owens' Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you very, very much Dawn for your review and support! We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to send us feedback. Hope you have a great summer and come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

The rooms are outdated. The front desk office has limited hours. Coffee left in the coffee maker. Bed sheets and covers have stains. The only saving grace is the fantastic view and location right on the beach.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Was close to beach and most attractions in Nags Head. Motel was older and there are two properties about a block apart. Did not receive room service either day we were there. Bathroom was small and only had a small shower. The room was clean and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Exchanged emails with Owen's Motel on 8/31/16. They are NOT PET FRIENDLY despite what TripAdvisor's website says. I could not find any "improve this listing" link as indicated by the Help pages. This is misleading to say the least. Did not stay at this property.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vasgroup
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

The worst stay ever, I did not think it was worth 190$ per night. Not a deal at all.
Ocean side is extremely small old rooms. Everything in our room was dirty. Very uncomfortable bed. The smallest bathroom I've ever seen. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I will never go there again.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family